Was wondering of water temps at lake rawlings.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How did your dive go? I'm out here in Va. for some training. I'm stationed Camp Pendleton and I was thinking about diving there this weekend. I've only been diving off the coast of Ca. and Hawaii.

What was the temp?

I'm sorry I'm just getting back to you guys on this. I don't get on here much. But to answer your question it SUCKED!. LOL it only sucked because my local dive shop canceled my trip on my on friday afternoon at about 2pm and we were suppose to be at the lake the next day at 8am. Wasn't very happy they didn't have a back up instructor as the one that was going to take us got sick.....last min. I was in a hurry to get my card and put it behind me as soon as I finished the class. Now I think I'm going to wait a little bit until the water warms up as I have 1 year to get it done. But thanks for the reply's :)

We were up yesterday shaking off the dust from the dry suits. At 60' (laying my arm on the bottom) my computer says it was 61 degrees. Very nasty, cloudy, mucked up all around the entry area extending out a couple hundred feet. They (The dive shops) had a LOT of students there.

Can't wait to get wet in the big pond due east of here!

We were up yesterday shaking off the dust from the dry suits. At 60' (laying my arm on the bottom) my computer says it was 61 degrees. Very nasty, cloudy, mucked up all around the entry area extending out a couple hundred feet. They (The dive shops) had a LOT of students there.

Can't wait to get wet in the big pond due east of here!

WOW that pretty amazing. I would have never guessed the bottom temp was 60deg at 60ft. That's a pretty big jump from what it was a couple weeks ago. But that's good to hear. I might have to head up in the next few weeks. I want it to be in the 70's so I can dive in my 2 mill :)

I wouldn't have guessed it either. I never saw that depth above 55f even in August / September. Doesn't seem right to me for May.

I wouldn't have guessed it either. I never saw that depth above 55f even in August / September. Doesn't seem right to me for May.

Was true. Was like 65 30ft

Anyone been in the last week or so have current temps?? Was thinking about going next weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom