Was impressed with the UK miniQ40 eLED... what's better for a small primary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flot

Registered
Reaction score
I've had a UK D8 for 5-6 years now, and pretty happy with it except that the face is positively buoyant.

This week did 2 dives borrowing a buddy's mini Q40 eLED+... holy crap. Ended up using it as my primary light, and for its size and ease of handling was VERY happy with it. Plus it laid flat and stayed where I put it underwater.

I'm seriously considering ditching the D8 and getting a Q40 and/or SL4 instead. Surprisingly UK rates the Q40 at only 77 Lumens - I thought my D8 was rated in the high low 200s range, but didn't seem like it was dramatically better underwater.

I may get a chance tonight to do a real side by side comparison but was pretty impressed with the little LED. Wondering if there is any sort of LED refit I can do to my D8 but after seeing this small flashlight perform, not sure I ever want to carry around 8 D batteries again, LOL.

please compare and repost!
:wink:

I love the light output of my Photon Torpedo LED. It's quite a bit better than many "primary lights" I've used with far more batteries than the 3 Cs it takes.

Back
Top Bottom