Warrantee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just got back from my LDS and recently purchased dive equipment from an internet web site. However, the place I purchased from are authorized Oceanic Dealers and I even recieved all of the warantee information and cards.

well, my LDS owner told me that the warantee from the online manufcturer is not the same as the warantee from an authorized LDS. When I asked him what is the difference.. he replied, you'll see when somethin goes wrong... I asked again what do you mean by that and he again said the same thing.

Does anyone have any idea if there is any truth to this? I get the feeling he is just upset that he did not get the buiz. Let me know. thanks

Your LDS owner is absolutely correct. The warranty you got from ScubaToys is not the same as the warranty you would have gotten from him. The folks at ScubaToys actually care about your business and will bend over backwards to make you happy.

Yes, your gear is covered by Oceanic's warranty, but I would look for another LDS because this guy is not going to do anything to make your life easier.

Even though he would make money off of annual services, air fills, more equipment, training............ Once you get a customer in the door and happy, most of the time they'll buy from you again. Many LDS owners don't understand that.

We've all had run-ins with LDSes like the guy you met. I've learned to walk away when somebody starts spouting that crap. Does my LDS like that I buy stuff online? Not particularly. But they also know that I buy as much as I can from them and they give me great customer service no matter where I bought the gear. And they can't carry everything that a diver would want. Not even Joe and Larry have EVERYTHING. :D

I hate to say, but he is trying to say that internet dealers don't give customer service like local shops do. I would welcome you to make a public statement about the quantity and quality of information we gave you before, during, and after the sale and compare it to what that local shop gave you.

I will also stand on our reputation for instantly taking care of any problem that might arise.

It is ironic, that I'm speaking at dema to dealers about this very same topic. Pretending that the internet sales are not authorized, or going to go away is burying your head in the sand. In a day when you can hop on a board and talk to thousands of folks who have dealt with our company, a local shop making a blanket statement like that is beyond ridiculous.

Well said and I will gladly say thank you for becoming my NEW local dive shop from thousands of miles away... :D You see folks, I don't care if you are right next door to me or you are hundreds or even thousands of miles away... what it all comes down to is SERVICE with a capitol "S"... If you have had the PLEASURE of shopping at SCUBATOYS you will know that the INTERNET has met its perfect match. What I mean is that scubatoys earns its keep and than some. They have spent hours with me personally in helping to figure out what I was looking for. Even when I myself had no idea. I tried to look for ways to support my LDS but they made it nothing short of impossible. REALLY I mean IMPOSSIBLE... I found the best choice was to go with scubatoys. Thats it I'm branded for life. If I ever need anything else in terms of scuba,,, well I now know where to go.

So, to the LDS owner out there who thinks that their #$%^&@! don't stink. Welcome to the real world. Funny, you would think that internet businesses should be second in line to local shop owners because you would think, hey, I can walk in shake the guys hand and create a rapport. However, the tides have turned, take a look at what scubatoys are doing. Sure, there are many .COM stores that give the internet a bad name. However, Scubatoys is one store that does it right! I can't wait to shake Larry's and Joe's hand one day when I get a chance to goto the shop in person. Now only if they can start that darn chain and come closer to me than none of this discussion would be needed. :D:D:D

All Authorized Oceanic Dealers may provide not only our manufacturer warranty, but a variety of service programs including the 30 day satisfaction guarantee, Express Replacement program, Free Regulator Replacement parts, etc. It doesn't matter whether you purchase it from a dealer with or without a pool, a boat, or an internet site - if they are found at Authorized Dealer Locator - Oceanic Worldwide - Scuba and Snorkeling Gear, Scuba and Snorkeling Equipment and Dive Gear - they are authorized.

Doug

Thank you for clarifying that... It's sad that some of your authorized dealers who are local to me have stooped to such lows to the point that they try and get you scared thinking that somehow you will get more from a local dealer than another. I have found the opposite to be true. I have begun to be weiry of guys who start saying such things. Its all about doing your homework... period!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom