Warrantee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanicRocks

Reaction score
just got back from my LDS and recently purchased dive equipment from an internet web site. However, the place I purchased from are authorized Oceanic Dealers and I even recieved all of the warantee information and cards.

well, my LDS owner told me that the warantee from the online manufcturer is not the same as the warantee from an authorized LDS. When I asked him what is the difference.. he replied, you'll see when somethin goes wrong... I asked again what do you mean by that and he again said the same thing.

Does anyone have any idea if there is any truth to this? I get the feeling he is just upset that he did not get the buiz. Let me know. thanks

from the Oceanic Web Site:

Oceanic has thousands of Authorized Dealers around the globe. Buying from an Authorized Dealer can ensure that you purchase authentic products that qualify for exclusive Oceanic Warranty and Service Programs. If you are unable to visit a dealer in person, we have a select group of Authorized Online Dealers that sell all of our products through their web sites.

Find a new LDS, the one you've got is broken.

Yup the place I purchased from is authorized dealer for oceanic and I already checked before ordering... I think the guy was blowing hot air up his $%^&*#@ needless to say I won't be dealing with them again...

Ok. All Oceanic and Aeris from ScubaToys, Dive Sports, DS, and Dive Right in Scuba is NOT qualified for the warranty service.

Please ask your LDS, how much do they make per year? He won't even reach a yearly sale amount that ScubaToys and Dive Sports made in HIS LIFE.

All Authorized Oceanic Dealers may provide not only our manufacturer warranty, but a variety of service programs including the 30 day satisfaction guarantee, Express Replacement program, Free Regulator Replacement parts, etc. It doesn't matter whether you purchase it from a dealer with or without a pool, a boat, or an internet site - if they are found at Authorized Dealer Locator - Oceanic Worldwide - Scuba and Snorkeling Gear, Scuba and Snorkeling Equipment and Dive Gear - they are authorized.

Doug

I hate to say, but he is trying to say that internet dealers don't give customer service like local shops do. I would welcome you to make a public statement about the quantity and quality of information we gave you before, during, and after the sale and compare it to what that local shop gave you.

I will also stand on our reputation for instantly taking care of any problem that might arise.

It is ironic, that I'm speaking at dema to dealers about this very same topic. Pretending that the internet sales are not authorized, or going to go away is burying your head in the sand. In a day when you can hop on a board and talk to thousands of folks who have dealt with our company, a local shop making a blanket statement like that is beyond ridiculous.

Yup the place I purchased from is authorized dealer for oceanic and I already checked before ordering... I think the guy was blowing hot air up his $%^&*#@ needless to say I won't be dealing with them again...
The LDS's just keep shooting themselves in the foot.

All Authorized Oceanic Dealers may provide not only our manufacturer warranty, but a variety of service programs including the 30 day satisfaction guarantee, Express Replacement program, Free Regulator Replacement parts, etc. It doesn't matter whether you purchase it from a dealer with or without a pool, a boat, or an internet site - if they are found at Authorized Dealer Locator - Oceanic Worldwide - Scuba and Snorkeling Gear, Scuba and Snorkeling Equipment and Dive Gear - they are authorized.

Doug

The problem is the word may (emphasis is mine). Although a shop may be an authorized dealer, they can be independent little #$%^^#@ and are under no obligation to provide any warrenty service. Yours is apparently going to wait until you have a problem to make that clear. Go find another shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom