Warning to new divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good reading for me, as I'm a fledgling instructor(I've done a lot of DSDs, not much else except poolwork).

I also know a girl I've befriended and quite like who has done two "trust-me" dives with an instructor friend of her, no course, so her first dive was to 10m and on her third dive he took her to 29m... and she was having a bit of a panic down there, minor mask leak and (probably) some narc, he managed to calm her down but that could've been a disaster, as she still hasn't even done the open water course, at most she's had the DSD briefing and the most basic of skill practice. I've offered her discounted OW course(IE: nothing for me, just fees and something for the shop for fills and equipment use), but she's trying to get someone to do it for free(padi fees only) for her.

Good reading for me, as I'm a fledgling instructor(I've done a lot of DSDs, not much else except poolwork).

I also know a girl I've befriended and quite like who has done two "trust-me" dives with an instructor friend of her, no course, so her first dive was to 10m and on her third dive he took her to 29m... and she was having a bit of a panic down there, minor mask leak and (probably) some narc, he managed to calm her down but that could've been a disaster, as she still hasn't even done the open water course, at most she's had the DSD briefing and the most basic of skill practice. I've offered her discounted OW course(IE: nothing for me, just fees and something for the shop for fills and equipment use), but she's trying to get someone to do it for free(padi fees only) for her.

I think she doesn't place a very high $$ value on her life! Neither does the "instructor friend" from what you say.

Reading your post has made me definitely decide to pick up some more dives before doing my AOW :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom