Free WARNING! Scammer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I go to diveaddicts.com they list their email as info@diveaddicts.com . Everything looks Kosher to me. Am I mistaken?

The email given in the DM, which was screen shotted in the first post in this thread, is not the real email address you posted. They (the scammer) appear to have hacked jsuther’s account and are using the good name of a reputable shop along with a phony email address to scam people.

Does it make sense now?

Attached is the same scammer DM’ing me telling me to contact a phony email address because I have a WTB Apeks Regs posted in the classifieds:

Attachments

• IMG_1371.jpeg
    IMG_1371.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 35
Yes, thanks for the correction. Sorry for the confusion. Jsuther is definitely a scammer.

Well someone using Jsuther's account is the scammer.

Jsuther has been a member since 2015.

However that said anyone reporting such accusations should probably expand a bit on why and not leave people guessing.

Spoke to Spencer at Dive Addicts. That’s not Josh’s email. User has been spam-hammered. Thanks for bringing it to our attention via a report to staff //sarc/

However that said anyone reporting such accusations should probably expand a bit on why and not leave people guessing.
We've been working this since it was reported to the mods via a "Report Bad DM" this morning. The perp's account has been suspended as reported by @Wookie in the previous post. :D

I have dealt with Dive Addicts before, they are (were) a reputable company. Don't think their name should be drug through the mud.
It surprises me this is considered dragging their name through the mud, I mean... Isn't it obvious the scammer is using THEIR credibility ?

Apologies, if not.

Spoke to Spencer at Dive Addicts. That’s not Josh’s email. User has been spam-hammered. Thanks for bringing it to our attention via a report to staff //sarc/
Go figure, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom