WARNING re Lake Jocassee;

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
watch out for lead shot spill on left ramp, as you face the lake, just past the barrier. I almost went completely down on it today. It's almost invisible and like walking on ball bearings.

Last edited:
Will be sure to look out for that. Thanks

It had been cleaned up when we got there or atleast I did see any

There was still one bad spot on the far left ramp Sunday morning (July 26), and my dive-buddy almost went face-first onto the ramp. Apparently this was caused by a soft dive-weight rupturing and spilling its contents. And whoever made the mess didn't bother to clean it up.

We tried to get the remaining lead shot off the ramp as best we could by doing "sweeping" motions with towels. I'm going back to the ramp to dive on Thursday, July 30 and I'm going to take a broom with me and sweep the area thoroughly. I also saw a small area on the middle ramp that had some lead shot on it, down pretty close to the water.

Last edited:
There was still one bad spot on the far left ramp Sunday morning (July 26), and my dive-buddy almost went face-first onto the ramp. Apparently this was caused by a soft dive-weight rupturing and spilling its contents. And whoever made the mess didn't bother to clean it up.

I tried sweeping it with my hand but it was like trying to sweep butter out of an english muffin. Maybe whoever left it will at least think about it. Maybe they're not even aware of it.

All the lead shot appears to have been washed off the ramp by recent heavy rains. My dive-buddy and I spent the day at the ramp on August 2, and neither of us saw any lead shot or heard anyone mention it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom