Warning local houston dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
OK so I am stupid for trusting my local dive shop and not researching the topic on my own first........

but It seems that there should be some sort of legal obligation for the dive shop to tell you that they are not a certified dealer of the Apeks before they go and

VOID YOUR WARANTEE by working on them
-Mike

Wow....good tip to know about.Appears that they opened both doors for legal action against themselves of some sort.I hope you can get that resolved.

mgersch@cox.net:
OK so I am stupid for trusting my local dive shop and not researching the topic on my own first........

but It seems that there should be some sort of legal obligation for the dive shop to tell you that they are not a certified dealer of the Apeks before they go and

-Mike
Which shop? It wasnt one in Webster was it? Sounds like something they would do.

mgersch@cox.net:

-Mike

Of course, as you point out, you could be a good consumer, and ask the question, if that detail was important to you.

Did you just go in and ask if they could service your reg and then hand it over to them?

As for legal obligation, why should they have an obligation to know that a reg they don't carry might be covered by warranty? If you hand it over, they should assume you understand the details, since it is you that received the warranty card, with its requirements on it...

:banana:

I'd like to know which shop it was too.
The one in Webster..you mean on NASA Rd 1?

Natasha:
I'd like to know which shop it was too.
The one in Webster..you mean on NASA Rd 1?
Not to mention the name....but its located in the Bally's Fitness strip center. Is that a good enough hint?

Welll, I'm new to this area. So it probably is a good hint for others, but not for me. The few times I have used a shop here, it was in the plaza by the Burlington Coat factory..or Garden Ridge. I don't think there is a Bally's there.

More importantly, I'd like to know if they did a good job servicing the reg. I don't need laws to overcome a lack of personal responsibility and good regulator repair techs are hard to find around dive shops.

mgersch@cox.net:

-Mike

As I mentioned, I freely admit that I was VERY STUPID to trust the dive shop.

I said, "Hi guys can you service these for me"
They said sure...
I didn't know much about it until afterwards...

But it seems to me they should have said we are not an authorized Apeks dealer.
Then I would have said.... OK I'll take my regs elsewhere.

And the dive shop in question is located inside the loop, not in Webster.

Mike

Out of curiosity, if you have non warrantee work done on the regs, and the shop you go to does a good job with them, who cares about the warrantee? Isn't the important thing that your regs work right?

I routinely have my Apeks regs serviced by a shop that isn't a dealer, and I've been very happy with their work. I don't think I even bothered to fill out the warantee card, and have never missed it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom