wanting to dive lake martin this spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is what WETsuits are for, Right?

If it is raining then there should not be many boats on the water and we could maybe get a dive in on the north side of the rubble by the boat ramp.

So does anybody have any concern about the weather for tomorrow?

Aucade and Lisenby- are you guys still going?

So does anybody have any concern about the weather for tomorrow?

I do. I'm going to pass on the dives today. I'm looking forward to the dive reports. Hopefully I can catch the next one. :D

Ok guys sorry for being a dumb question but I lived off of Logan Martin Lake is this the same as Martin Lake?

Hockey --I am still going. K ellis, no lake martin is south of Logan Martin between Wetumpka and Alex City.

OK here it is (short version). Ms. cmufieldhockey8, one of her friends (im bad with names), lance, krafcheck and I met at 9:00 and entered the water shortly after. the air temp was about 70 with a slight north wind. Surcace temp was 63 then droped to 55 at about 30ft. the thermocline was mixed up a bit so the temp dropped over about 5ft. For some reason my computer is not giving me any max depth and time. but if I had to guess we made a 45 minute dive with a max depth of about 35ft. We saw many large mouth bass in the 3 to 5 pound range and chris saw a large catfish and found a pair of sunglasses. It was a great but very cold dive. We exited the water just in time for the monsoon--perfect timing.

I had 49 min maxing at 30 and 55 degrees. Cade you were a great tour guide and it was nice meeting everybody else. That was the most fun I've ever had in 55 degree water in a lake! :) Wide Open was the 5th diver in our group. We both leave Auburn in May so we all definitely need to get out diving again before that!

Last edited:
Enjoyed meeting all of you...My comp shows 49 min, 33' max, and 55*F.

If anyone wants to go again with an extra buddy, let me know.

Enjoyed it guys! Give it a few weeks to warm up a bit and we will have to go it again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom