wanted youth bc for my son

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverbyrd

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
im looking to get my son certified in the spring there are a few youth bcds out there please call me if you have one you like to sell Greg 205-910-3816

I Have a SMALL Oceanic Pro Tour Bioflex, it's a women's back inflate BC and it's easily adjustable, let me know

I spent 10 years teaching kids and always recommend the DSS backplate and wing......they'll never grow out of it.

Get a small Backplate/Wing combo it will be great. There was another memeber on another board who did this. Also people that Own the LDS I use have there Kids in one (Halcyon) and looks great.

indyharness1.jpg

indyharness2.jpg

The Deco Stop

wow that looks great my son is 4ft tall. how tall is your diver in the pic? what size cylinder is that

Are you using a steel or alum back plate?

I have a cressi XS Aquapro 5 if you would like a jacket style for son almost new 1 fresh water dive on it.

The reason I recommend DSS for kids is their tank mounting system allows the plate to be put higher on the tank.....for someone under 5' this is important as they won't be smacking their head into the back of the regulator.
2nd best (common) plate for kids is the Dive Rite.

Also don't swamp them in a big lift wing.....DSS and Oxycheq are the only manufacturers (that I know of) with sub 20 lb wings.

Sorry not my child. I posted the link to the Forum who originally posted it. The pics are of his son with a rig he did. You can really can any small Backplate/wing and it will work well. The people at my LDS have there kid in a Halcyon System which looks awesome but it expensive. BUt on the other side you wont need to buy them a new BC if they grow all you do is sdjust the straps.

Here is the Link, Not sure if you have to register or not to view content

http://thedecostop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42316

Back
Top Bottom