wanted: G-mail invites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK I've got 6 invites left! 2 spots are reserved for DeepblueDivers and FlynDive :wink:..Please pm me your emails. Thanks.

jonnythan:
Confidential email!!! Who actually believes that any email is confidential?
Who actually believes that anything transmitted over the internet is confidential???

jonnythan:
Erm, confidential email?

LOL

Confidential email!!! Who actually believes that any email is confidential? Virtually every ISP in existance runs virus scanning and spam scanning on incoming email, not to mention the fact that it's all transmitted plain text on unsecured lines.

If you want your email confidential, use some strong encryption.

Privacy issues with scanning! LOL!
It's not so much the security of the email. That is a given. It's what they might do with the info that I find... er.... questionable.

Walter:
Now that gmail has been explained, what is a gmail invite?

at this point you cannot just sign up for gmail. you need an invitation from someone who is a member. once you get invited and join you the get 6 invitations you can pass on.

I've got a few invites as well if anyone still needs em. Drop me a note.

What do you think they can "do"? Sell your email?

Anyway, gmail is webmail with a gigabyte of storage space and some neat threading and search features (supposedly makes it easy to deal with a large amount of mail by keeping threads together and that kind of thing).

You can certainly see how that's a nice alternative to Hotmail.

jonnythan:
What do you think they can "do"? Sell your email?

Anyway, gmail is webmail with a gigabyte of storage space and some neat threading and search features (supposedly makes it easy to deal with a large amount of mail by keeping threads together and that kind of thing).

You can certainly see how that's a nice alternative to Hotmail.
Yep, or parts of it.

I'm not telling you not to use it. In fact, go crazy and enjoy....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom