Want your own Hyperbaric Chamber? Its cheap!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Holy moses the idea of a recompression bag has hit the market . My grandkids are in competitive soccer and some teams are using oxygen bags to treat injuries. All you ney sayers can go fly a kite ! The principle is like a pressurized air craft which vent off and replace with new air so no need for fancy scrubbers and the likes . I have not seen this apparatus , a small oxygen generator and a low pressure valve and that is that .

Holy moses the idea of a recompression bag has hit the market . My grandkids are in competitive soccer and some teams are using oxygen bags to treat injuries. All you ney sayers can go fly a kite ! The principle is like a pressurized air craft which vent off and replace with new air so no need for fancy scrubbers and the likes . I have not seen this apparatus , a small oxygen generator and a low pressure valve and that is that .
These run around 1.4ata and use air for a pPO2 of 29%. This is the same as a safety stop at 4m/13'.

For treatment of DCS, it's close to useless. You'd be better off breathing the most common Nitrox blend (32%) on the boat.

I've never been to this quarry but when I was searching for new places to dive, noticed they have a hyperbaric chamber for sale. I have no clue what quality, price, or condition, but it looks impressive.

The original post was about recompression bags. They've been around for a long time. They are supposed to be for acute mountain sickness and are just as I described in a previous post: being used for a purpose for which they're neither designed nor safe. The oxygen generators add another layer of risk because the bags are not built to administer treatments with concentrated oxygen and for the most part, the individuals using them don't know what they don't know about fire prevention in high-O2 environments.

The National Board of Hyperbaric Medical Technology has written a position statement (scroll down to find it) on these devices and has pulled the qualifications of Certified Hyperbaric Technologists who participate in using them. The UHMS also has a position statement.

You're welcome to join me in flying a kite, it's a beautiful day for it in North Carolina! :wink:

Best regards,
DDM

The original post was about recompression bags. They've been around for a long time. They are supposed to be for acute mountain sickness and are just as I described in a previous post: being used for a purpose for which they're neither designed nor safe. The oxygen generators add another layer of risk because the bags are not built to administer treatments with concentrated oxygen and for the most part, the individuals using them don't know what they don't know about fire prevention in high-O2 environments.

The National Board of Hyperbaric Medical Technology has written a position statement (scroll down to find it) on these devices and has pulled the qualifications of Certified Hyperbaric Technologists who participate in using them. The UHMS also has a position statement.

You're welcome to join me in flying a kite, it's a beautiful day for it in North Carolina! :wink:

Best regards,
DDM

Best regards,
DDM

What about the hyperlite chambers? They can go to 2.3 bar which would allow a table 6. Is there any reason not to use them in remote locations? Just want to be clear if there is a difference since I’ve had them in some of the places I’ve worked. So-Called Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

What about the hyperlite chambers? They can go to 2.3 bar which would allow a table 6. Is there any reason not to use them in remote locations? Just want to be clear if there is a difference since I’ve had them in some of the places I’ve worked. So-Called Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperlites are designed as monoplace hyperbaric chambers and meet ASME's standards for pressure vessels for human occupancy. The devices being discussed here are more similar to Gamow bags.

Best regards,
DDM

Back
Top Bottom