Want to rent DBL 80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know any shops in DFW that will rent a set of DBL AL 80's with DIN manifold? I want to get some in water time to get my rig trimmed out and weighted properly before I head to akumal

No good suggestions for shops-

Last time I used double Al80’s with a 7mm full suit.
Placed 15lbs between the tanks and plate and then wore the rest of the weight on my weight belt. I moved the wing up one notch if memory serves me right- might be something you have to play with.

I had the worst of all worlds- 7mm suit compression and aluminum tanks.
Yuck, never again.

If you can’t get exactly what you want- float check one of your al80’s and see what it takes and then add the difference for you and your exposure suit and the extra tank. I am sure that you already knew that.

Have fun getting ready for the trip.
If I can help any way please feel free to give me a buzz.

Andrew

Rick,,PM sent to you.

I sure wish I could dive 85's in akumal, that would be so much nicer than AL

Hey Rick.... who will you be diving with (shop/guide),,,,which cave system(s)??

We're going down there with what was once Tucker's Dive Shop. We'll be staying at the Villa del Rosa. There are a whole bunch of systems down there, I have no idea which we'll be doing but the plan is two dives a day for 5 days. Lots of cave.

loosebits:
We're going down there with what was once Tucker's Dive Shop. We'll be staying at the Villa del Rosa. There are a whole bunch of systems down there, I have no idea which we'll be doing but the plan is two dives a day for 5 days. Lots of cave.

Sounds like a great trek,,,,when you guys going?? I know a little about the area,,,,but have done a bit more reading on the internet about the caving,,,looks like you will get plenty of exercise!!

7/1 - 7/8

I am saying this as a friend…

Do not allow the guides to make blind jumps. I would cover that point in the briefing before heading out. This would not be an issue with Bruce or your crew.
If necessary stop and drop your own markers and jumps.

There have been some problems recently in Mexico including moving lines and markers.
Not to get anyone upset but be aware.

Check the tank neck o-rings for leaks, if you are using manifolded doubles make sure the manifolds are not bent.

If you are using stages talk to John. He has started using the WKPP format of using the stage first and if necessary ditch the stage if you have to run for the door. Less crap to carry in emergencies.

Finally, mark your entrance/exit points. A friend of mine turned a dive early but the guide did not drop a marker at the entrance. Because of the large cavern area he could not see daylight and missed the exit jump. He surface down stream at the next cenote.

Have fun and bring back some great pictures!
Andrew

Back
Top Bottom