Want to remove sk7 compass from my cobra and put it on a retractor….

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beir

Contributor
Reaction score
I have the SK7 compass integrated into my console, but I find it annoying when I’m trying to navigate. I don’t really want to have to lift up my entire console while trying to get a reading. I’d rather have it on a retractor on my harness. Has anyone removed their compass from there Cobra and done this? Anything special involved?

Thanks

To remove the compass boot from the console.
Pull out the bezel - It's held on by 4 plastic latches.
Pry / Push out the compass body - It's a totally enclosed clear cylinder with the compass floating inside on a pin.

Get the Wrist Boot
Push the compass body into the wrist boot - Align the middle red line with a notch marker on the wrist boot.
Put in the bezel - Align notch on bezel to wrist boot.

There are two forms of retractor. One is designed specially for the wrist boot. The other is the normal retractor.

I'm using a normal retractor and running the wrist strap through the retractor ring as I can't find the suunto retractor here.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom