Want to help me try out my new drysuit on Sunday 2/20?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eellenoff

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After 10 weeks in waiting, my drysuit finally shipped today!

Anyone interested in helping me take if for a couple of test dives this Sunday at Lobos? Bonus points if you're a good judge of drysuit fit, or if you want to carpool from the peninsula.

-Eric

We'll be there on Sunday, be glad to help. look for red wrangler

Hi Eric:

You really should have a check out session in the pool. That way you'll familiarize yourself with the operation of suit and will be able to make some finer adjustments, such as trimming seals. Buoyancy in a dry suit is different from a wetsuit and you really don't want to end up in a runaway ascent.

As far as dry suit fit, see the following link. I should give you a good base reference. Out of curiosity, what suit did you purchase?

Dry suit fitting - DIR Explorers

Claude

Hey Claude,

Yeah, I know it's probably best to try it out in a pool first, but I booked the lobos reservation when I thought the suit was gonna be here sooner, and wanted to try to make use of it. In the past year or so, I've dived in a number of different drysuits, so I'm hoping this one won't be too different from the others.

I ended up going with AquaSport Drysuit - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL I'll be sure to post a review once I get to try it out.

Oh, also no response from enigmata yet - still looking for a buddy tomorrow

Having not heard from anyone I'll most likely end up at the breakwater tomorrow. If you see this tomorrow morning and decide you want to dive lobos, my phone number is on my user profile and under my "challenge" - give me a ring before I get to the Breakwater and let's dive Lobos!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom