Info Want to buy a Mares Puck Pro! :) Any suggetstion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's no support for Shearwater in EU and I would be surprised if there is for the other one. You may be better off with CENTAURI - GWC-01 | product - Genesis Scuba or the OEM version: CREST CR-4 | With one watch, access all needs. except that without the special firmware they may not be all that great. You may want to look at SEAC's offerings/availability: Seac Sub Spa

But anyway Puck should work until you buy your own regulators and want to add wireless air integration. Then there's OSTC over in .de and Ratio in .it.

@dmaziuk yes, the biggest problem is, that Shearwater computers are very expensive for the Hungarian divers. i know some people, who own one but they are professional cave divers, or who is in higher level than an AOWD diver. I'm still looking forward for the perfect one computer :cool: thanks for the advice :wink:

My son and I both have Puck Pro+ computers, and have done over 100 dives on them. They are a perfectly fine computer for recreational diving. One button is very simple, but can be a bit of a pain sometimes. However, they work well and I haven't felt the need to replace them yet, since they do work fine, handle nitrox fine, work fine at depth (115ft is our deepest so far), etc. When I bought them I seem to recall reading that they were less conservative than Suunto. The Puck Pro+ does allow you to set it to different conservative settings, and we moved ours to the least conservative after diving with others who had less conservative computers. But after that no problem -- we are often the last ones up on boats, and even then almost never from NDL limits.

For a while I thought about upgrading to a Mares Smart, but recently some friends have gotten them and the display is not as big as the Puck, so I'm not thinking that any longer. Now I think that when I do eventually get a new computer I will go with one like the Aqualung i330r or the Shearwater Peregrine -- mainly because I like the fact that their displays can be read on night dives without needing to press a button or shine the light on the computer. But all in all this is not a big thing, and both of those are 2 or almost 3 times what you can buy the Puck Pro+ for if you find a good sale.

@Rob9876 Thank you for your advice :)

Finally i bought it! I am a proud owner of a cool Mares Puck Pro+
The one button menu system is great, need a little practise to navigate quick, but its ok. :) so i will try it on the 2nd of April in a lake in my town! :) wish me good vis! 👌😃

Ps: Thank you guys for all of your comments, advices and help :clapping:

Interesting, and too bad. Considering actual customer service from Shearwater itself is amazing, 2nd to none. I would reach out to them for support if needed.

You know, I honestly fail to see how having a reputation for customer support is a good thing: when someone needs customer support with a piece of code I wrote, it means either I $#@!ed up, or they did. I don't get what's good about either alternative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom