Info Want to buy a Mares Puck Pro! :) Any suggetstion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THPetya

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello guys!
Im a new OWD diver :diveflag:, and my next purchase will be a dive computer. Im a true rec diver, and at first i want to buy a good but not so expensive dive computer.
My friend told me to buys a Mares Puck pro. What do you think about it? :cool:

Magyar! :happywave:

Not my favorite (I own a Puck). What other choices do you have where you are?

:yeahbaby:Üdv, Hi!
Maybe a Suunto Zoop Novo, or a Cressi Goa! 😀

Either buy something really cheap ( new) or something like a shearwater (expensive)
It always abit hard to know (like myself,)
How advanced you will go in the sport, and what you need.. Because of time commitments, jobs etc.

A small cheap computer can always get strapped to you dpv if and when you get one,
Also look for used a computer, shearwater tend to hold there value, where as others cheaper ones don't seem to,

My kids and I use the puck pro... Main plus is that it's cheap and has easily replaceable battery. main negatives are 1 button interface and it's a little big on the wrist.
They do everything we need as recreational divers, and I bought one download cable that I share between the 3 computers, and we log dives with Subsurface. The one button interface doesn't bug me too much, because you rarely have any need to go into the menus.
As @Rol diy says, either go cheap or go big... I went cheap and don't see a need to upgrade any time soon.

Respectfully,

James

Thank you for yor advice Rol :)

Thank you James :)

Honestly, yes, as a (currently) recreational diver, the Puck will meet your needs. The things @James79 pointed out are what you need to deal with. I also have issues with Mares in a support related issue - they never helped me solve a problem with their software, and I eventually just went to Subsurface later on.

If that is where the economics take you, it will do.

There is truth to "money spent diving" is what you want to do now, not burning it up on expensive gear....

I am in the same opinion. I know, that im not going to do wreck dives, or cave dives. My max dept will be 30-40 meters :) So im totally a rec diver :D I want to discover the world under the water :) For this, i think a good trustable computer will be enough for me :)

This seems like a good deal to me.. especially is your in the USA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom