Want a bright and compact LED primary with rechargeables.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you seen the Intova Ultra Nova? 6 AA's, 220 lumens, magnetic switch, Hi / low / strobe modes. I just got a pair, getting them wet next week.

Thanks for the input guys!

But I have to ask:

I like the DealExtreme SSC P7 900 lumen and have a friend who dives with it and loves it. I'm not so keen on the rechargeable battery because, well, I have WAY too many proprietary rechargeables.

Batteries for my 2 different cameras, batteries for my camping LED, and now batteries for my diving light. That's 4 different chargers I have to carry around with me and to keep track of. That's 4 different chargers I could potentially misplace. If I misplaced the charger for the SSC P7 the dive would be over.

On the other hand, I will never misplace the charger for my AAs/AAAs.

Unforunately, the AAA lights recommended do not have High, Medium and Low modes. Are there any with these modes?

BTW, wouldn't this be awesome - a magnetic switch dive light that uses AAs/AAAs, has low, medium, high, and strobe modes, has a focusable beam, and is at least 200 lumens?

Go with a Greenforce..you will not be sorry ...fully adaptable components..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom