Wanna Dive or Dive Friends while in Bonaire????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe Mack

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I have booked our accommodations at Beach Combers Villas (based upon insight from Jimmy71 on scuba board) for our upcoming trip 7-31 thru 8-7. The communication so far with the owners Leanne & Tim have been great and we are very excited about getting back down to Bonaire. In June 08 we used Wanna Dive while on the Island and Bart was a great guy and we were very happy the service. Beach Combers has a relationship with Dive Friends and we can book our diving with them and get a little break on the cost. I was hoping someone had some feedback on Dive Friends and/or Wanna Dive since it has been 3 years since we used them.

If you are in Bonaire at that time let us know we would love to catch up with some fellow scuba board folks.

I used Wanna Dive last month. Tanks were always available & in good condition, no o-ring issues, with at least 3000 psi and consistent Nitrox 32. My pony developed a slight leak but it was quickly corrected at the WannaDive fill station by replacing the tank o-ring. Even though It's only a $1 part, I was still impressed that I wasn't charged anything. That kind of quick service indicates to me they are focused on customer satisfaction.

We were using a wannadive satellite location - the o-rings were about 50%, and no analyzer. Worth being aware of anyways.

Recently Dive Friends has been having isuues with both low fills (we found at least 1 out of 3 tanks to be below 2400 psi) and low nitrox (less than 30%).

Just returned from week in Bonaire. We used Wannadive. In past we have used Buddy's twice, Divi twice and Wannadive twice. I HIGHLY RECCOMEND WANNADIVE. They treated us well, have locations throught the island and just purchased Sorrobon allowing their divers access. (No its not a nudist resort any longer.) Tell Fred, Jeffrey and Bob we said hello! :D

Another vote for Wannadive... we used them last February and will again on our return in February 2012... always had tons of tanks for our group of 4, good fills and excellent customer services... plus, with our unlimited air package, we got access to $25 single tank boat dives... well worth it for a change of pace while on the island!

I used Wannadive as well. Friendly staff and they throw a great weekly BBQ (recommended!). The only room for improvement could be condition of the tank o-rings, as mentioned before - most were fine but you'll get the occassional trickler. Also noted, for Nitrox they'll tend to analyze in the 30-32% range. Other than these things I would still go back and highly recommend them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom