Wananavu in Fiji for two weeks in June 05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt -

I just came back from a week with Wananavu. The resort is very low-key and the staff is incredibly welcoming. Viz wasn't great on the dives closer in (though they were still great dives), and farther out it was great. Mike and Kai Viti were great (I can also vouch for the cake, though the pineapple was the show-stopper), and Alisi and her gang actually took us out (through Kai Viti) for our afternoon dives. Water was 82-84 degrees. There really is nothing else around, though, so make sure that any non-divers bring plenty of books.

I also did the shark dive in Pacific Harbour (through Beqa Adventure Divers, who actually run the dives), and one of the tigers showed up for the entire second dive. If you like to see the big guys (or gals in this case - she's 15 feet), it's a great side trip!

If you're still planning to go to Wananavu in June I would contact them and ask them about the construction progress. I've just returned and all of the beach front bures are being rebuilt and they start very early in the morning. This somewhat hampers that "relaxing" tropical resort feel that you may be looking for. The beach is also right in front of all of this construction, so I personally felt uncomfortable laying on the beach in front of a bunch of construction workers. This may not be a concern for you or your family.
The resort staff is very friendly, but until the construction is finished I would not recommend Wananavu. Incidently, when we brought this up with the travel agent that booked us into Wananavu and why she wasn't aware of it, she was told by the resort that the construction should have been completed already and they were behind schedule. When we were there, the construction didn't seem even close to being finished and they looked months and months away from completion.

Back
Top Bottom