Wananavu deposits being returned or scam? Help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoobles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We got the following email tonight claiming it is offering to return our Wananavu deposit from a trip in May that was canceled. I heard that Wananavu has been sold and want to figure out if it is a scam or for real. The email asks for your bank account which is a bit suspect but wonder if anyone else got this email. I was going to look up at setting up a temporary bank account. Curious if anyone else got the email. Would be nice if it is for real.

Email is as follows:
Bula Ann

Thank you for your patience in awaiting the refund.
Please refer attached and fill the necessary information so we could proceed with the refund.

Thanks and kind regards
Jotika Naidu

File contains:
IMPORTANT NOTICE

ADVANCE BOOKING DEPOSITS

Following the sale of the Resort we are now in a position to refund deposits

received for accommodation bookings after 24th March 2020.

FIJI Residents

Please forward the following information to –wananavu.deposits@gmail.com

Name

Booking Reference Number

Deposit amount FJD$

Your Bank details - Name of Account

Full account number

Bank

Branch

INTERNATIONAL

Please forward the following information to –wananavu.deposits@gmail.com

Name

Booking Reference Number

Deposit amount FJD$ or alternative currency

Your Bank details - Name of Account

Bank

Branch

Address of Branch

Full account number

Bank Identification Code (BIC) sometimes referred to as Bank Swift Code

PLEASE NOTE - The amount refunded may differ from the original amount

due to currency movements and /or bank fees.

Hard to tell, at least they didn't ask for credit card details? Maybe try and ring them?

I have communicated with Beato in the past and that is his legitimate email. I did respond with the info for the refund. Hopefully the refund will be coming. It was a pleasant surprise as I thought the $1500 was down the drain.

Hard to tell, at least they didn't ask for credit card details? Maybe try and ring them

I agree with Chris, why don't you give them a call to check that the offer is genuine.

Thanks all - yeah I did email back and forth with him and going to give it a shot - would be nice because I too thought 1500 would be down the drain... Will let you know..

By the way we did get our deposit back! How amazing! Hope others respond to the email to get theirs back!

Too bad your trip didn't work out. We had a great time there when we went in 2012. We were really happy with the resort and the dive op and felt very relaxed. Had some really incredible dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom