Walter B Allen Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great video Jim, I'm actually one of the commenters :wink:

You must be the comment about diving with a single tank. True, a single tank would be hazerdous, but a single 130 and a 30 cubic foot pony is another kettle of fish. I was diving a double 72 set and a 40 cubic foot pony while running the camera. More then adequate for what we were doing. I personally service our regs so I know they work and we use V-planner set for old fart. I feel comfortable with that. Glad you liked the video.

Okay, I finally got to view the video. You can take my comments with a grain of salt, but I've been doing this for awhile so I think I've learned a few things. The music? Well, inappropriate. Thats been pointed out already. The video is very low res. This maybe how it was saved after finishing it in the video editing program. My camera can do High Def, but my computer can't so I shoot in standard def. I find that my standard def is better then most peoples high def. If you don't render things correctly the finished product won't be pleasing. Camera movement and camera angle is critical to success. PAN SLOWLY. Jerky movements detract from your production. Peoples brains want to see angles they are used to. For instance the camera needs to be level with the deck on an upright schooner or it makes the view uncomfortable watching it.
I know your new to this and I am not slamming you. I hope my comments make your future productions better. You need to shoot more and work with your stuff to get better. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Thanks to both swimjim and streetdoctor for sharing the cool video, regardless of gear configuration. Great first effort! I've got to get myself over there to see that wreck. Who runs out to it regularly? We look forward to seeing your Rosinco video.

Okay, I finally got to view the video. You can take my comments with a grain of salt, but I've been doing this for awhile so I think I've learned a few things. The music? Well, inappropriate. Thats been pointed out already. The video is very low res. This maybe how it was saved after finishing it in the video editing program. My camera can do High Def, but my computer can't so I shoot in standard def. I find that my standard def is better then most peoples high def. If you don't render things correctly the finished product won't be pleasing. Camera movement and camera angle is critical to success. PAN SLOWLY. Jerky movements detract from your production. Peoples brains want to see angles they are used to. For instance the camera needs to be level with the deck on an upright schooner or it makes the view uncomfortable watching it.
I know your new to this and I am not slamming you. I hope my comments make your future productions better. You need to shoot more and work with your stuff to get better. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Wow lol... I appreciate your comment but maybe you're confused at my intent for videoing in the first place. I'm not super interested in quality this is more to document my dives and show it to buddies from a mobile viewer (iPod, iPhone, email, etc). The video looks GREAT on my iPod Touch. Also as far as quality and camera control the camera is a little bit larger than a wrist watch and was mounted to my head without the use of a view finder, LCD screen, etc. I hit "record" when I jumped in the water and turned if off when I got back on the boat. (GoPro Official Store: Wearable Digital Cameras for Sports) although the camera I used is NOT the HD version. No lighting or image stabilization was used. I think it's a damn good video for $149 worth of camera/housing. As for the music, to each their own... next time I'll have to use some Rob Zombie :eyebrow::rofl3: I appreciate your offer, I think if I ever get more serious with camera stuff though I'd be looking to learn how to use a UW setup for my Nikon D90 instead of video. :)

Thanks to both swimjim and streetdoctor for sharing the cool video, regardless of gear configuration. Great first effort! I've got to get myself over there to see that wreck. Who runs out to it regularly? We look forward to seeing your Rosinco video.

We were on the wreck with Greg Such of Shipwreck Adventures and had a great time, I believe the majority of the more technical charter services in the southern WI area will take you there. My next video should be a little better quality it'll be taken with a housed Kodak Zi8 in 720p @ 60fps but again I plan on mounting it somewhere as I'm not the type to monkey with the camera instead of enjoying the dive. :D Glad you enjoyed the video, I plan on trying to bring a camera along for the majority of my bigger dives.

Wow lol... I appreciate your comment but maybe you're confused at my intent for videoing in the first place. I'm not super interested in quality this is more to document my dives and show it to buddies from a mobile viewer (iPod, iPhone, email, etc). The video looks GREAT on my iPod Touch. Also as far as quality and camera control the camera is a little bit larger than a wrist watch and was mounted to my head without the use of a view finder, LCD screen, etc. I hit "record" when I jumped in the water and turned if off when I got back on the boat. (GoPro Official Store: Wearable Digital Cameras for Sports) although the camera I used is NOT the HD version. No lighting or image stabilization was used. I think it's a damn good video for $149 worth of camera/housing. As for the music, to each their own... next time I'll have to use some Rob Zombie :eyebrow::rofl3: I appreciate your offer, I think if I ever get more serious with camera stuff though I'd be looking to learn how to use a UW setup for my Nikon D90 instead of video. :)

What kind of stroke wears a head mounted camera anyway?? :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom