Walter B Allen Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow -- the degree of preservation of the these deep wrecks in the Lakes always amazes me. 130 years, and there's still decking and the hull is essentially intact. Ships sure don't last that long in our salt water.

One of my favorite wrecks to dive, visibility can be way over 70' on a bad day,the rains & major west winds pushed some mud waters out it looks like,
Did you see the stars on the stern? were the name board was located?
She was a pristine dive site till some yahoo pulled her Midships mast over mooring on it.
You guys dive the dredge nearby afterwords? fun dive too,

OMG! nice video-but you must be young the music in your video is a bit head banging but I am old!

And Nick your stupid comment on diving a single tank on the W.B. is taken, but wrong! redundancy was supplied on that dive-2 tanks-separate regs,and stage gas & deco gas,,
my ol knees just cant swing several 130's anymore so I just use one and a separate tank straped or slung with safety gas staged. Just thought I would point it out.
Dive safe,
Brad

Last edited:
One of my favorite wrecks to dive, visibility can be way over 70' on a bad day,the rains & major west winds pushed some mud waters out it looks like,
Did you see the stars on the stern? were the name board was located?
She was a pristine dive site till some yahoo pulled her Midships mast over mooring on it.
You guys dive the dredge nearby afterwords? fun dive too,

OMG! nice video-but you must be young the music in your video is a bit head banging but I am old!

And Nick your stupid comment on diving a single tank on the W.B. is taken, but wrong! redundancy was supplied on that dive-2 tanks-separate regs,and stage gas & deco gas,,
my ol knees just cant swing several 130's anymore so I just use one and a separate tank straped or slung with safety gas staged. Just thought I would point it out.
Dive safe,
Brad

I did see the stars, too bad about the midship mast I heard it was still standing a couple years ago but didn't know that was the reason it fell, that's very stupid. Visibility was really good probably close to 100'. I could see the outline of the stern from 80' on our descent. I figured I would get a few comments about the music, I really liked the intro and was sick of editting at the time I got to the audio :) When I have my kodak zi8 housed and am shooting in HD I'll spend more time with the edits. Hopefully I'll have a lot more videos to come in the near future. That was my only dive, 4th element artics just aren't enough for that temp and duration. Some xm450's are in my future.

About the other video comment... The video is very misleading, no where did I see anything other than a single tank with a smaller (al40?) pony next to it. If you're using a 50% bottle I believe I calculated our minimum gas to be around 80cuft from 170'. Where were your stage bottles? Deco bottles? The vid might lead people to believe it was done as a recreational dive which is what I thought until your comment.

-Nick

Thank you for sharing. It is one of my all-time favorites and now I'm just itching for a trip. Better be nice to the hubby this week... GRIN

I have to admit, I turned the audio off after about a minute. But I'm an old bat.

To be honest I only listened for the first minute or so when I put the audio in. The music at :50 is what I was hoping for throughout the song. I didn't spend a lot of time with the edit because of the vid quality. I'll hopefully be ordering a housing for my camera next week and maybe I'll be able to get some vid of the Rosinco

Great wreck and a great dive. I'm out of town and am using a fairly decrepid laptop. I can only get little peeks at your video. Music is the hardest part sometimes. Here is my latest video effort from the Walter B Allen.

Walter B Allen A quick Tour on Vimeo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom