WalMart Divers Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who has the plans to convert my Walmart fire extinguisher into a scuba cylinder? I can't find the link.

I would never rely on a Walmart light as a backup on a night dive ,or a cave dive for that matter as some here think I would.The dive I did to 110 ft was a full daylight dive.I brought along the flashlight so that I could look into some of the nooks and crannys of a wreck.Anyways the flashlights are now in my toolbox on the boat where they will stay!

My god Nick with your talents and machinery, why don't you just mill one up.

RA

(Note: this is a joke) Why not use the Wally World lite as your primary, so when it breaks you have the GOOD one to back it upwith :wink:

"Who has the plans to convert my Walmart fire extinguisher into a scuba cylinder? I can't find the link."

Where do you think SPARE AIR comes from?

tedwhiteva:
"Who has the plans to convert my Walmart fire extinguisher into a scuba cylinder? I can't find the link."

Where do you think SPARE AIR comes from?
Now that you mention it, I think I did see them on an endcap once with an everyday low price. Problem is, the supersoakers on the shelf below them caught my eye and they lost the sale on the Spare Air. The kid working the department did seem pretty knowledgeable though. He said all you had to do is 'breath' off of it.

FLL Diver:
For the price I figure what the heck thinking it might make a good daytime light and grabbed one.
Marc

Okay, I get the point about having the right life saving equipment, the need to have a good backup, people braggin' on how much they spent on their HID, the oh-so-subtle anti-Walmart stuff, but didn't the original poster say that he would use it as a daylight light only, not as a primary or backup light on a night/cavern/cave dive? Maybe I missed something....

My buddy uses them.. For 8 bucks they are a great deal. He actually get a much stronger light than my tech40. My tech40 was $40. I will be picking up a few.

FLL Diver:
I was in a WalMart up here over the weekend looking for a kid's life jacket and in the boating section I come across what looks exactly like a Pelican Super SabreLite, except it says North 49 on it. The packaging is pretty plain, typical Made In China but it does say summersible divers light good to 100m. It was $8.97. For the price I figure what the heck thinking it might make a good daytime light and grabbed one.

Has anyone actually tried these lights out? Do these things actually work? I thought maybe they were the real thing, just distributed by the offshore manuafacturer under their own name. If so, I'm going to start bringing them down to Florida and I'll make a a fortune selling them. :)

Marc

Back
Top Bottom