Wall dive and Kittiwake two tank dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guggie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Visiting Grand Cayman via cruise ship in April, 2014, arriving at 8AM, leaving at 5PM. I'm looking for suggestions as to who I can arrange a dive trip with for a two tank dive for myself and daughter/son-in-law. We'd like to do a wall dive and follow that up with a dive on the Kittiwake. I'd prefer a non-cattleboat type trip if possible.

A lot of the boats do the Kittiwake as a separate dive not coupled with another.

Here are some dive ops to contact none are cattleboats

DNS diving

Wall to Wall

Indigo

Ambassador

Just to name a few

Unless you are chartering a boat, the west side dive ops are unlikely to guarantee sites. It is often first come first served and also depends on what the other divers on the boat want to do. Further, they will probably be on that boat for 5-6 days and or be repeat customers so their vote might count more than yours. Having dived the Kittiwake before, if asked if I wanted to go back by the boat captain, I'd probably say "no thanks".
In my opinion, there are lot's of better dives on the island. If the weather allows, I'd opt for the North Wall and avoid the West and the Kittiwake. The dive ops listed above all do North Wall Diving.

I also thought the Kittewake was a waste of a good tank of air. The nearby reef dive was much better.

I liked the Kittiwake dive. To each his own said the old lady as she kissed the cow.

The Kittiwake is actually even closer to Sandchute now. Moved closer to the wall in a storm last year. When you get bored of the wreck, you can dive the top of the wall.
I think EastEndDiver might have been suggesting that if you moor on Sandchute you can swim over to the wreck for part of your dive. I don't know if this is strictly legal with the Cayman Watersports Association, but some ops seem to do this sort of profile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom