Walker's Cay for AOW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wfmiller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My LDS is putting together a 4 day trip to Walker's Cay in September where myself and some others will be taking our AOW course. The instructor will be our OW instructor when we first certified.

After doing our OW Cert at a local quarry we decided that for now on most other classes has to be someplace a little nicer if you get my drift....... :wink:

Anyone use the facilities there and if so how are they?

wfmiller:
My LDS is putting together a 4 day trip to Walker's Cay in September where myself and some others will be taking our AOW course. The instructor will be our OW instructor when we first certified.

After doing our OW Cert at a local quarry we decided that for now on most other classes has to be someplace a little nicer if you get my drift....... :wink:

Anyone use the facilities there and if so how are they?

I was there 2 years ago. The rooms and boats were nice, the crews nice and professional. However, the reef diving was sub-par. Lots of algae and few fish. There are some deeper sites, including a nice wreck, that were much better. And, of course, the shark rodeo was a blast. However, try to stay away from the reef dives--35' dives in marginal vis on a damaged reef. -Clay

Back
Top Bottom