Walk or golf cart taxi in Caye Caulker?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shawrg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know it's easy to get around Caye Caulker on foot, but is it possible to walk while pulling a rolling duffle with scuba gear? Thanks.

Well, it's all sand/dirt streets, so with the small wheels on your typical duffle it would probably be a pain.

where are you dragging gear? Frenchies lets you keep gear there, and BDS will usually come pick you up from a close pier or store gear

where are you dragging gear? Frenchies lets you keep gear there, and BDS will usually come pick you up from a close pier or store gear
I need to get from the airport to the hotel. I don't mind dragging bags but, as Cram said, dragging a wheeled duffle over sand would be a pain. My plan is to take a taxi unless those with first hand experience can suggest a better alternative.

If you are coming into the airport, its going to be a hike w/ your gear. You could do it, but I would rather take a golf cart taxi. It's a small place, so it should be a cheap ride. If you want a very Belizean experience, take a cab from the airport in Belize City and take the water taxi to Caye Caulker. Much easier to walk from there and it will be a memorable experience. :)

Your advice was spot on Battles. I flew into Caye Caulker and took a golf cart taxi to the hotel. Dragging the gear bag would not have been much of a savings (U.S. $2.50.) and would have definitely been a huge pain. I left by the water taxi. dragging the bag to the pier was very easy. Thank to all that responded.
If you are coming into the airport, its going to be a hike w/ your gear. You could do it, but I would rather take a golf cart taxi. It's a small place, so it should be a cheap ride. If you want a very Belizean experience, take a cab from the airport in Belize City and take the water taxi to Caye Caulker. Much easier to walk from there and it will be a memorable experience. :)

Back
Top Bottom