Wake up call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Q

Queen

I just joined up and had my wake up call about a month ago. I'm 44 years old, 5'10" and weighed 233.5 when my back decided to spasm out of control just after New Years.

I had been an athlete my whole life and have always carried my weight well...meaning even though I'm a big gal I don't look "fluffy". This has always left me feeling "yeah I'm fat but so what", well spending endless days flat on my back eating muscle relaxants has changed my view 180 degrees. It's time to get back to living, in the two weeks I've been following a plan and I'm down to 229. I'm seeing a naprapath and my back is getting looser so exercise is next up.

I just wanted to "say it out loud" so it would seem real, thanks for being here folks!

I am joining the weigh in tomorrow.

My wake up call was 3 weeks ago. Planned a little dive trip for the end of Feb to Puerto Morelos, Mx. Tried my wet suit on before I packed it. I could not even get near to zipping it up. I unpacked all my dive gear & left it at home. That was very depressing. I can not dive with out my wet suit & will not buy a new one. So if I don't drop some weight, my diving days are over.

On a humorous note:
Did anyone ever see the TV show 3rd Rock From The Sun, when Dick Solomon joined the weight loss group, Fat Losers. "Hello, my name is Kat and I am a Fat Loser." LOL , not sure why, but that always tickled my funnybone.

Back
Top Bottom