WAIKIKI BEACH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Murphy in NC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone,

I am staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki beach resort very soon.

I don't know anything about the island and my son (dive buddy) won't be with me so I will be solo.

Can anyone recommend a dive shop near the resort ?

I heard traffic is a little bit rough and wasn't planning on a rental car unless its an absolute necessity.

Any local intel would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
PT

Are you military? Check out Hickam Harbor or K-Bay marina. When on the island, I take "The Bus". I'm never in a hurry, and public transportation covers almost all the island.

Some dive boats, like Kaimana Divers, will pick you up from your hotel. Not all hotels will do this. I've taken a bus to get to the harbor from where most boats leave. I'd contact different dive centers and ask where they keep your boat, if they'll pick you up and drop you off, and if not, what is the bus route they'd recommend using. I'd use Google maps also to evaluate how much walking is involved.

It will also heavily depend on conditions that day. Last time I dove out of East Honolulu same weekend that Eddy was happening on North Shore. Conditions were not good.

Kaimana is a popular recommendation. They're fine.

I usually dive with Aaron's which goes out of Hawaii Kai (about 15-20 min east of you) but has free/easy parking and some different sites than Kewalo Basin/Waikiki. I also go with Oahu Travel Divers which usually goes out of Kewalo Basin Harbor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom