Wahoo diving the USS San Diego and the Oregon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamieZ

Reaction score
# of dives
September 15th me and a buddy of mine are going down to long Island to dive the Uss San Diego and the Oregon. I am really excited!! My buddies father is flying us to Mcarthur airport in his 9 passenger plane on the 14th and then some how we have to figure out a way to get to Captree State Park where the Wahoo is docked. Were not sure about whether to rent a car or try to to get a taxi to take us and 4 sets of doubles and other gear to the Wahoo. More then likely rent a car, but who's the cheapest. Is there anyplace to get food around the park, like restaurants. Any info you guys can give me would be much appreciated. I have lived in Rochester, NY for 31 years and have never been to Long Island so I hope some one can help me out here. Also if you have dove with the Wahoo (Steve Bielinda) how was it. Nice boat, crappy, avg.? Were staying on the boat overnight to save some cash. Also if anybody has any comments on the wrecks fill me in. THANKS from very excited!!!

I hope that you have a great time, and I ould love to hear details when you return!!! I must say i'm very jealous!! (If you get a chance to meet Capt. Bielenda, ask him if he remembers a girl that sent him an e-mail, who needed information while doing a report. That girl would be ME!!) Again, have a great time!! :)

Kayla:)

Ohh im sooooo jelous! Let us know how it goes!

Mark

I can't speak regarding the boat but I did meet Steve Bielenda a few years back and found him to be competent, knowledgable, and a nice guy. He's been running wreck trips for many moons so I'm sure you'll be well taken care of.

Tom

Capt. Bielenda is a very nice guy I wil post a report when I come back. Should be alot of fun my buddy just purchased 2 full face masks w/communications for us to use while were down there.

Funny, I posted this post almost a year ago. I'm actually going for the first time this year May 24th, 25th, and 26th.(Didnt go last year because of 9/11) I have another post somewhere on here regarding this trip also. The post was about seeing if anyone was going out with him in May.

I've read about the Wahoo, and those wrecks. Maybe someday...........

Have a great trip!!

Looking forward to hearing about it!

have a wonderful trip, and we all want details when you return. sorry to hear that the dive was postponed, but its good that you were able to find another time to go. as i said have a wonderful time, and keep a jourmal or something so that we dont miss out on anything!!:)

Kayla:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom