WA lens tips...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O'Malley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
...just upgraded from the Canon housing to the Ikelite for the A620 and also added an Epoque DCL-20 wide angle lens. I won't have an opportunity to play with this set-up prior to our trip in January so simply looking for any useful tips....thanks!

That is one cute doggie!! :D

Tips...get close, really close. WA will make things look tiny so you've gotta be up close and personal. You'll also need to be close to get the lighting right. Shoot more frames than you think you need to - there can be a lot going on in a WA shot and it only takes a slight change in angle or framing sometimes to go from nice to WOW.

Do you have one or two strobes?

Yeah, she's quite the poser...

Up and close I will be, thanks...I'm shooting w/ one strobe, an Ikelite DS125 with the manual controller.

With only a single strobe you're only going to be able a part of the scene usually. Think about where dark areas/shadows will work and then concentrate on properly lighting the main subject...when you get it right it can be lovely!

Another thing you can try, which seems odd, it stick your strobe directly above your lens - you're trying to get "falling sunlight" while avoiding harsh under shadows (unless they work!) and backscatter. It's surprising how well it works sometimes. Experiment.

Have fun :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom