W1 vs W2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divin'dog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone noticed any difference with a front zip on the W1 vs a back zip (like a W2) with the amount of water entering? Any difference in discomfort with water entering the front zip? Or is the seal really good? I'm about to get either the W1 or the W2 but prefer the front entry if there is not much difference in water entering in the front zip. I know there is supposed to be a zipper dam on the W1, but how well does it work?

Thanks...

dd

The PDF for the W2 says:

"After all the excitement
created by the newly launched W1
front-zip suit, the W2 back-zip collection
had to exceed our current line, so
the task set for our designers was
challenging.
We asked them to create a new
generation of Wetsuits that is warmer,
dryer, with a better fit, outstanding
quality, easy to done and doff, yet
make it still look better than anything
on the market, and then"

Is the W2 really a better suit?

... Is the W2 really a better suit?

Well I don't know. That's what I've been trying to find out... Lots of marketing BS but I think the W1 suit would be a good performer based on others who have it. Seems the W2 is for the back zip divers or maybe the front zip doesn't seal as well as the back zip and there's complaints?

I'm wondering how well the front zip seals against water vs a back zip? Is there a constant trickle of water coming in? Or don't you feel anything at all? If you have a W1 pls comment...

dd

I have a front zip and have not noticed ANY water trickling in through the zipper. There is actually a seal that prevents it. Best suit I have ever had on.

I have a front zip and have not noticed ANY water trickling in through the zipper. There is actually a seal that prevents it. Best suit I have ever had on.

Thanks KarolinaKid! One other question... do you find it difficult to take off? I'm leaning heavily to getting the W1.

Thanks KarolinaKid! One other question... do you find it difficult to take off? I'm leaning heavily to getting the W1.

It is a little tricky to get off the shoulders when you take it off. You need to start with the left shoulder (the side the zipper wraps around the neck) and get your arm out then go to the right side. Of course it's always a snap if your dive buddy assists. From there, it then is much easier to get off than other suits I have due to the zipper and seal design.

Thanks! I guess it's no different than getting out of my old shorty that had a front zipper.

Back
Top Bottom