Vyper - NOT in gauge mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xiSkiGuy:
Since the Vyper doesn't track gas switches, wouldn't going on a 70ft or 20ft bottle make the CNS and OTU info incorrect?

Good catch. So much for that.

PerroneFord:
Good catch. So much for that.

Perrone,

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you (really) but weren't you the one who recently said that you didn't feel like you were ready to dive on Helium because your buoyancy needed work? And that you didn't have any tech training?

Now you are talking about 90min bottom times with rebreather divers and doing deco on O2 at 20 feet (which requires *way* better buoyancy than using He at recreational levels).

I don't get it -- maybe I mixed you up w/someone elses posts somehow.

I got better. :)

I'm also VERY hard on myself. So I may say that I don't think my buoyancy is solid, and to me it's not where I want it to be, but to most people, they'd be happy with it I think. I want to be able to handle 3-4 things going on and not move more than a foot or two. I'm not quite there yet. I can handle a couple of things going wrong and maintaining myself.

As for tech training, I'm getting there. Got a couple classes over the next three months that will move me along a bit.

PerroneFord:
I got better. :)

I'm also VERY hard on myself. So I may say that I don't think my buoyancy is solid, and to me it's not where I want it to be, but to most people, they'd be happy with it I think. I want to be able to handle 3-4 things going on and not move more than a foot or two. I'm not quite there yet. I can handle a couple of things going wrong and maintaining myself.

As for tech training, I'm getting there. Got a couple classes over the next three months that will move me along a bit.

well, good for you. Just be safe, especially with deco in those caves.

limeyx:
well, good for you. Just be safe, especially with deco in those caves.

cave deco is "easier"(not easy per say) than ocean deco.

cerich:
cave deco is "easier"(not easy per say) than ocean deco.

Maybe, maybe not. As the profile of the cave varies, i think it can make a lot of aspects of deco much more difficult as Perrone's previous messages indicate.

If your cave is "ill behaved" and goes deep then shallow then deep then shallow, I could imagine the logistics would get pretty tricky pretty fast. In the ocean, a lot of times I can simply ascend with a bag to meet my depths.

limeyx:
Maybe, maybe not. As the profile of the cave varies, i think it can make a lot of aspects of deco much more difficult as Perrone's previous messages indicate.

If your cave is "ill behaved" and goes deep then shallow then deep then shallow, I could imagine the logistics would get pretty tricky pretty fast. In the ocean, a lot of times I can simply ascend with a bag to meet my depths.

I would rather deal with the up and down of a cave(because I know that when I choose that cave to do deco in) than doing deco in seas that have gotten rough or when there are unfriendly critters about. I'm much more willing(and enjoy much more) to do long deco in a cave >2 hours than the big wa wa.

To each his own!

cerich:
I would rather deal with the up and down of a cave(because I know that when I choose that cave to do deco in) than doing deco in seas that have gotten rough or when there are unfriendly critters about. I'm much more willing(and enjoy much more) to do long deco in a cave >2 hours than the big wa wa.

To each his own!

sure. I have yet to take my cave training (booked in for Jan 2007) and then it will just be recreational profiles anyway so I have a ways to go before it's deco in a cave for me.

limeyx:
sure. I have yet to take my cave training (booked in for Jan 2007) and then it will just be recreational profiles anyway so I have a ways to go before it's deco in a cave for me.

enjoy the course, when you are further along let me know where you prefer to deco.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom