Vyper Air tank pressure display

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris,

If NCdiver's statment is true, then vyper air computer requires me to memorize the MOD when the computer is activated? Seems like an bit of information that would be useful during the dive.

That said, I guess this is not so unusual as my Nitek Duo does not show my MOD during the dive.

I'd like to request and enhancement that the MOD be shown during the dive rather than the current solution of waiting until the alarm goes off. I would be willing to sacrifice the OLF display and use an alarm to indicate if oxygen limits have been exceeded.

Thanks,

Mike

If you plan the dive at the surface, then you should know what the MOD is right before you hit the water, and that value (in my new diver opinion) should be something that SHOULD be known and remembered during your dive. I guess you could also recognize that if you exceed the MOD during the dive and the alarm goes off, that would remind you that you went too deep and that it's time to ascend to a shallower depth. :)

Mike,

Yes, there is not a current default view of your MOD during the dive. You can see your MOD from the plan function prior to your dive. The computer will also alarm you during the dive when you reaach your MOD. Another option is to use the dive plan function prior to the dive, after your figure out your MOD then set your depth alarm to that depth.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom