Vyper Air stuck in transferring data

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackmore75

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I ran into an issue with my Vyper Air this weekend whilst diving Farasan Banks. I had finished a dive, and was transferring the data to my Netbook. When the transfer was complete, I disconnected the cable like I always do, but the Vyper stayed stuck in "Data Transfer". I let it sit for 30 mins or so, thinking eventually it would timeout, but it stayed stuck. As a final resort, I removed the battery, reinserted it, and set it all up again. Didn't have any issues for the rest of the weekend, but is this a common occurance that any of you have heard of or just a glitch to be watched for in the future? I really like this computer, but for the money we pay for these things, one would expect it to not do this. Any advice?

It you netbook that send the signal to the computer to stop transferring once it verify that it received all the data or you move the connection before it was done. Since it happening one time is that usually points to user error.

blackmore75,

This would be the first time that I have had this kind of issue brought to my attention. As NCadiver said, it is possible for this to happen if the computer was unplugged before all of the data was transferred. If this happens again, I would strongly recommend that you send your computer in for evaluation. You can locate a service center closest to your location from the link provided: Suunto Dealer Locator

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

I ran into an issue with my Vyper Air this weekend whilst diving Farasan Banks. I had finished a dive, and was transferring the data to my Netbook. When the transfer was complete, I disconnected the cable like I always do, but the Vyper stayed stuck in "Data Transfer". I let it sit for 30 mins or so, thinking eventually it would timeout, but it stayed stuck. As a final resort, I removed the battery, reinserted it, and set it all up again. Didn't have any issues for the rest of the weekend, but is this a common occurance that any of you have heard of or just a glitch to be watched for in the future? I really like this computer, but for the money we pay for these things, one would expect it to not do this. Any advice?

Ok, this happened to me too, and I'd made sure to wait for the complete upload, and then I looked over my dives before disconnecting the computer from my workstation. Stuck in Data Transfer mode. Having read this I didn't wait half an hour but I did wait long enough to realize it was stuck.

Solution: Plug the Vyper Air back into the computer and launch DM5. It will try to sync with the computer and then the Suunto device cycles through various modes and data transfer. You have to unplug the computer during any of the non-data transfer mode stages of this cycle and the computer then behaves normally. #buggy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom