VXT 8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

L. Smallman

Reaction score
I am seriously considering purchasing a Beuchat VXT 8 Regulator. This will be my first regulator, I was certifed (open water diver) last June. Has anyone had any experience with this regulator?
Thanks,
Laura

Whilst I have never used a beauchat, over here (I'm currently in France) they have a very good reputation.

In many of the other threads we have described what to look for in a regulator, but basically, if it has the EN250, and the US navy approval then it is a good regulator. What is right for you also depends on the diving you are going to be doing.

Try before you buy is about the best advice I can give to you.

Jon T

Hi L Smallman,

Here's what the Jan/Feb '00 iss of "Rodale's" had to say about it:

"Beuchat VXT-8
Strengths

Low work of breathing
Minimal loss of performance with increasing depth
Excellent adjustment switch
Ease of clearing
Dry breathing

From an ergonomic point of view, the VXT-8 was outstanding. In addition to the strengths listed here, lack of bubble interference and performance in different positions were also above average. In fact, the VXT-8 had the best ocean test score of any regulator in this group, making it a clear Tester's Choice.

Our breathing simulator tests show the VXT-8 performs almost 10 percent better than Beuchat claims in its catalog, and well within the U.S. Navy criteria. In shallow water, it uses a good deal of positive pressure breathing to help get these results, thus causing a slight tendency to leak.

One oddity is that the features listed in the owner's manual do not exactly match the VXT-8 as tested. This may be due to translation difficulties (French to English) or to the fact that manual revisions have not caught up with the engineering changes."

Happy shopping.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom