VT3 constant "High O2 - Up" after 2nd day of diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlesml3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Gang,

I just got back from 5 days on a liveaboard and after the 2nd day, my VT3 constantly displayed "High 02 - Up" after just a few minutes into each dive. This is described on page 100 of the owner's manual. "When PP02 becomes equal to or greater than 0.20 ATA less than the P02 Alarm Set Point the message will scroll..."

I understand that. However, I have my P02 Alarm Set Point at 1.60. F02 Default is Off, Conservative mode is Off. I scrolled through my logs and I'm not seeing any dive throughout the week where I went over 1.28 PPO2. I just can't see why it's constantly warning me about High O2 when I'm really not anywhere near it. After a day or so I just ignored the scrolling message.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

-Charles

You should take a look at page 101 since you are say high O2 and not PO2 they are diffrerent.

If you could add your profile that would help also.

Update:

I called Oceanic technical support and sent them the entire week of logs. They can't explain it. Nothing in the logs indicates I should have been in a high O2 condition.

They want me to send the unit in.

-Charles

My VT3 was alerting on my NC coast dive the same way. I haven't had a chance to dump my log and look through it yet though. If you find out anything, let me know. Thanks.

Will do. I'm headed to Cozumel for 10 days starting Wednesday. I suspect it'll start flashing "High O2 Up" again after the 2nd day or so. I've looked at the PPO2 during the dive and afterwards using Oceanlog and nothing there indicates I'm anywhere near a high O2 condition. Oceanic looked at the logs and agreed.

-Charles

From the information (charlesml3, Sotorn) you have given and not clarified which alarm you are getting you should reread your nitrox book and the computer manual. Take a look at page 102 in your vt3 manual line 4,5,6.

The alarm we're seeing is on page 100 of the manual. It's a "NORM HIGH PO2" alarm. Which is what I said in the original post.

It is NOT a "High Oxygen Accumulation Alarm."

-Charles

Gang,

I just got back from 5 days on a liveaboard and after the 2nd day, my VT3 constantly displayed "High 02 - Up" after just a few minutes into each dive. This is described on page 100 of the owner's manual. "When PP02 becomes equal to or greater than 0.20 ATA less than the P02 Alarm Set Point the message will scroll..."

I understand that. However, I have my P02 Alarm Set Point at 1.60. F02 Default is Off, Conservative mode is Off. I scrolled through my logs and I'm not seeing any dive throughout the week where I went over 1.28 PPO2. I just can't see why it's constantly warning me about High O2 when I'm really not anywhere near it. After a day or so I just ignored the scrolling message.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

-Charles

In your title and your post you said "High O2" which the computer can give as a warning as well as "High PO2". Since page 100 is High PO2 I would send it back for repair.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I've already discussed this with Oceanic and sent them the entire log from my last trip to Turks & Caicos. They agree that the warning is bogus. I just didn't have time to send it in before my next trip which starts this Wednesday.

-Charles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom