VT100 conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well we can go on a weekend too if you guys are interested.

I really like that wreck so i'm willing to go back .. just for you two :wink:

One thing though, frogkicks are definitely called for. So bring those Turtles & Jets and leave the split fins at home :D

What are split fins? :D I've got blades, magical blades. My legs start to turn green when I put them on.

So what are your best times to go. If we can work it out, great. Or, if you two can work it out and I'll try to fit in. Weekends are really tough though. Saturday's, in particular, are all about the kids.

Cheers,
Bill.

I've got saturday the 18th off of work!! I never get saturdays off. And regular dive buddy is teaching an OW that day. Anyone available on the 18th? It's my only day off for a while, so. Yea.

Warning: I have a brand new drysuit. It's been out on one dive. I do not yet know how to dive well in the new suit. It confuses me. But that just means I have to go dive more and practice. Yep.

I could do the 18th.

COW: Weren't you diving dry before? How is the new suit different? This is a pretty silty location and the wreck is jagged, but otherwise it's a straightforward and shallow (60 fsw) dive.

Bjorn

Yes I was diving dry before, but I was in a neoprene suit. I bought a shell suit, and it is VERY different. I feel like a brand new diver all over again (and I need as much weight as when I first started diving, too. Oh, learning curves)!

Because the neoprene one was a rental suit. I wanted to buy my own. :) And the neoprene always leaked on me, so I decided to go with a shell suit and just learn to dive with that instead. :) I do like the suit, I'm just a newbie again. :D

Bjorn, I'll keep the 18th open for you.

I wouldn't recommend the crabs off wrecks. Talked to someone awhile back that collected some off a wreck and when eating them, they tasted like rusty metal.

Haven't been to the VT100 in awhile now, but I've been out there and literally had to push the jellies out of the way to see where I was going. Luckily very few lions mains. I've hit the wreck everytime so far, and if you don't find it, you'll be stuck checking out the sand for the entire dive.

COW: Looks like I'm getting a bit of a cold, I'll have to see if I'm able to dive later in the week.

FYI

Bjorn

Unfortunately, no diving for me this weekend.

Bjorn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom