VT100 conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeckyll

Contributor
Reaction score
Decided to head back out to Bedwell bay and dive the VT.

Given the rain and bad weather we've been having it shouldn't be a surprise that when we got in the water my buddy stuck his head in the water to check his mask and on coming back up told me that he couldn't even see his fins :D

BTW, it seems the buoy has been moved, so if you are used to swiming out to it, descending and going north, now apparently you need to head south.

We descended about 100 feet from shore and just dove the 50' level out until we ran into the wreck. Luckily visibility was about 100% better at depth (i.e. 6 feet :wink: ).

On the way back we almost ran directly into a 4 foot ling cod and then a hug lions mane jelly... The vis made all that more exciting :D

Anyways, I still really like that dive, bad vis and all. Saw some great nudi's, lots of anemones, crabs of all sorts. And of course an eery looking wreck :)

I've never dove the VT100. I'd like to. I should get out there one day and just do it.

And hey, as long as you have, like 2ft of viz, you're good to go. 6ft is excellent! :D (but 30-50ft is never a bad thing)

I really like the dive. The wreck is natural and very deteriorated, not nice and cleaned up like so many others. You have to watch out for all the jagged parts and cables sticking out. The bottom is extremely silty, so good finning really helps. :D

I haven't dove that wreck yet either. Hopefully one day. Are you allowed to collect crabs on the VT100?

Bill.

Sounds like we should organize a dive out there.

:D

I'd be up for a dive. Although I am probably limited as to when; I don't see weekends working for me at this point .

Bill.

I'd be up for a dive to the wreck, definitely. Except I work 5-6 days a week at the moment and my time is VERY limited.

I have to tell you that diving that sucker during the daytime is a better idea IMO :)

I may be taking next Friday off if either of you can make it then ...

Bjorn

I have work commitments next Friday...

Back
Top Bottom