VRX or Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMG_3222.jpg
pulled the trigger last week also

I have the Aeris A300 CS (the Oceanic VTX). It was the first OLED DC with air integrated. Overall, it is a good computer with one flaw: horrible battery life. I'd cycle rechargeable batteries every 2 dives. It does eat rechargeable batteries that fast.

Honestly, I'd highly recommend the Perdix. There is no company in the scuba industry that backs their products to the same level. 2nd place is distant. You'll never ever outgrow it. The customization, ease of use (you don't need a manual), customer support, go for the Shearwater.

Heinrichs Weikamp does.

Agreed but not readily available in the US.

True, I neglected to take geographical issues into consideration. Fact remains. I've had phenomenal service from them. They sell to other countries not sure why the US is not one of them. Shame, nice computers, nice people.

True, I neglected to take geographical issues into consideration. Fact remains. I've had phenomenal service from them. They sell to other countries not sure why the US is not one of them. Shame, nice computers, nice people.
I have no experience with OSTC. Not available in the US. I'm curious, but I simply haven't read customer support stories about OSTC ever. That isn't a knock against them, but just a statement of my awareness.

I was really hot to get an OSTC computer. Then I found out HW is not open-sourcing their computer software any more and that killed that interest.

Another vote for the Perdix AI...recently bought it and absolutely love it. I also have the Aeris A300 CS and hate the display in almost any sunlight--it is not readable.

Perdix or Perdix AI is my vote. I had oceanics before but the Perdix is so so much better in so many ways. Look at some youtube videos on Perdix and see how wonderful the Perdix is. No; I don't work for Shearwater.

Good to hear the positive 'real world' reviews. I'm gettin' close to pulling the trigger on a pair of Perdix AI's for a couple of reg sets for an upoming Oct 2017 Guanacaste – Bat Island, Costa Rica (Aggressor) liveaboard trip. (just don't trust Atomic Cobalts anymore, based on my own experiences and way-too-many internet horror stories)
I feel exactly as you do. My trust in the Colbolt 2 just went out the door as my 3rd replacement is having battery issues after 20 dives. A live a board trip is no place for a unit that you cannot rely on. Paid the big bucks and the 2 did not deliver. My T3 is incredible and a dream to own. Just wish the computer was 1/2 as reliable as it is.

Back
Top Bottom