Vr 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking at VR3 on the OMS web page. Is there one version of the VR3? or is there multiple ie. an OC nitrox version, another OC or CC (RB) nitrox, and another OC/CC trimix/nitrox?

thks

It depends on how you look at it.... There is computer manufactured. The options that are enabled depend on the PIN number that is entered and this is different from computer to computer.. You can start with the most basic computer and if you decide you need ccr, trimix or ccr and trimix capability you buy a pin number from them and your computer will now have access to the new functions..

BTW I have the constant Po2 with Trimix version. I got mine shipped directly from the UK, not though OMS which is the US distributor.

I have just recieved my VR3 (closed circuit - trimix version) this last weekend and have done a few dives with it (none deco or with gas switches yet). I have a few ideas that they need to add to improve the computer (I am talking to OMS each day about it):

1. Need a better menu to adjust the altitude, I have not figured out that screen yet.
2. Audio alarms set by MOD for gas switch (and a way to disable)
3. Audio alarms set for ascent speeds (and a way to disable)
4. A way to have time setup in AM/PM mode.
5. What is the "care and feeding" of the rebreather port.
6. What does the dolphin interface look like...(I got two of them)

I have liked the computer so far, yes it is not DIR but there is some good reason to why I got it. I teach openwater just about every weekend, so when I do a deco dive (I am a TDI deco and advanced Nitrox diver also) with my tables (I use decoplanner) I am then stuck with table for days. This is very hard to do tables while teaching since dive planning with openwater students during a checkout is a joke.

So what I am planning on doing it use the dive planning mode on the VR3 before a deco dive and write down the stop on my wet notes. I have found out over a few nights of testing that the VR3 is more "Conservative" than decoplanner. I am sure it is due to the possiblity that the VR3 uses ZHL16C and decoplanner is ZHL16B. I do like that they have added microbubble stops, but I would like to get info on which algorithm they are using for that.

I most likely will have more to talk about but this is all that comes to mind...:)

Brian Faure
Austin, Texas
Dive World

Damn - you're making me jealous, mine still has not arrived and I have been wainting 3 months. They said 3 weeks 4 weeks ago but it does not look like I am going to get it in time for the planned trip on Sunday.

There does seem to be a misconception though - VR3 is made by Delta P in the good old UK .

Jonathan

Wow, I work at a shop in Austin, called OMS and had the VR3 the next day. The only thing I am waiting for is Prolog.

Brian Faure
Austin, Texas
Dive World

can you send us 3 in Tokyo?

I saw it at the Tokyo dive show and spoke about it to the man from OMS who said we were getting a delivery mid Feb......

We've given up now and are ordering direct from Delta P but they needed to make some more as they are so popular.

In the meantime I've borrowed a Nitek 3

Jonathan

I ordered my VR3 through Rescuer Technologies in Canada. Here's the address: auction@videon.wave.ca

The computer is everything I could want in a multi-level Multi-gas computer. I am diving it again this Saturday, and will have more to report then. The screen is easy to understand, and clear to see. I did see one on Ebay today for $1048 US. That is a very good buy it now price, and if I didn't already have this one, I would have bought it.

:) Spooky, they must have been listening - I just got an email saying did I want the one arriving tomorrow, just asked what time they would like to see me!!

Will still take the Nitek as a backup though, but they are both a backup to the tables.

Sara here I come.....

Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom