Vr 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't but I think I know someone who has (we've discussed the computer, so he knows alot about it, but I'm not 100% certain how many dives he has using one). PM me if you want his email address.

I just received a VR3, spent a few days studying it, and will dive it tomorrow. Very well constructed, intuitive, and seems quite simple to use. I bought it with the intention of going open circuit, and switching Nitrox mixes and air underwater. Nice to have something that will accomodate future applications like trimix or CCR. I would like to have Windows software to interface with the IR port, and I hear Proplanner will have it this summer. Prolog is available now, and I would like to get that as well. So far, I would recommend the unit!

Merlin...

Is the one you're trying out the new style I've seen on the OMS website with the INDIGLO blue screen?

If it is, count me as one who is interested in your experiences with it.

It was clear to see, even in 1ft vis. A bit heavy on the wrist but manageable. It is the new 2002 model, and worked very well. The max depth was off by 10ft, and did not count time when less than 10ft. I need to find out how to recalibrate the max depth. I was on 40% Nitrox, and it did calculate the OTU well. The best function was the graph in log mode when I was finished. It was only a 37ft dive, and I will dive it again tomorrow.

You guys gonna do what you gonna do....
But don't buy it cause the screen is blue....

The money would be better spent....
On training so you don't get bent....

Without the skills to hold your spot....
The deco stops don't mean squat....

37 feet and only off by ten....
Good enough? Better think again....

'Crazy, man' is what I can say....
My watch even tells the time of day....

And when I want to hang at five....
It counts me down to stay alive....

Yo.. love of computers is insane....
As I said before, "they'll rot your brain."

{an additional artistic note: the last phrase in quotes should be shouted by the whole group for effect.}

Your poetry is well thought out
and your use of the brain carries alot of clout

Glad your watch can tell time, and bet it even has a chime
and as far as the rot in the brain, hop on board the train

The max depth off by ten is probably because I used feet
If I had used meters instead, the computer would be neat

I will contact the company for information why
and then it may be worth the buy

I am happy to report that it was operator error reading the log. It logged one dive as three, and the max depth on the "3rd" dive was 36 feet, and was correct. I am familiar with computers that log as total time one dive. I was training students on their first open water dive, and we spent time at three depths, and it logged the three depths as three logged dives. I assumed that there were no more than one logged dive, and did not scroll through the log. I am very happy so far with the VR3, and will use it again tomorrow, and dive to 60 feet with the students.

I too just bought the new VR3
just gort it out of the boox and getting to know it

I bought it cause I am planning on three weeks in Truk were we will be diving nitrox and air and at depth to 200 ft.

I think it will be a great tool in the tool box for wreck diving.
no it's not the only tool in the box just one of them.

I am going to take it on a couple of 200 ft test dive over the weekend I'll let you all kinow

I am still learning quite a bit about this new computer, and you will find it fascinating! The log graphed on the LCD screen is incredible. Be sure to soak the computer right after you use it, or the buttons will stick. I would only use the computer as a back up for the first several dives, until you are completely sure about how it works. I have not used it in a deco situation, and would like a report on how it stacks up with the tables. Are you going to use 100% O2 for the 15ft safety stop?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom