Vortoberfest VII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, new to the forum. I am wondering about Vortoberfest VII. I am planning to bring down a bunch of boy scouts that weekend for certification at Vortex Springs. I just found out about the annual Vortoberfest being the same weekend. Is this a bad time to bring boy scouts to Vortex Springs? What type of event is it? I would love to come hang out myself but it may not be the best weekend for the scout troop. We will have about 40 boys between 11 and 18 plus 8-10 adult leaders. What do you think?

Thanks for the honest input.

Hi, new to the forum. I am wondering about Vortoberfest VII. I am planning to bring down a bunch of boy scouts that weekend for certification at Vortex Springs. I just found out about the annual Vortoberfest being the same weekend. Is this a bad time to bring boy scouts to Vortex Springs? What type of event is it? I would love to come hang out myself but it may not be the best weekend for the scout troop. We will have about 40 boys between 11 and 18 plus 8-10 adult leaders. What do you think?

Thanks for the honest input.

Without the Karaoke tent I suspect that any adult-type drinking activities will take place at the campsites, and will most likely be kept to a minimum.

I've seen scout troupes camping on 'Fest weekends, and no one ever complained. I think if there was something you found objectionable, you could politely point out that there were kids nearby, and the offenders would be cool about reigning it in. Bedtime on Saturday night is usually between 11:30 and 1:00.

I will need your 40 boyscouts to help tote an old man(me)'s gear to the water.

They can also paddle me and my canoe up to area springs.

Thanks

Ok, thanks for the info. That makes me feel better. I've been on a handful of dive trips and I know if varies from laid back to party all night. Just did not know much about this 'fest'. Sounds like a good time.

Oh yeah, and the scouts will usually tote and paddle just about anything giving the proper persuasion.

A fantatic side for your Scouts would be a trip to Cypress Spring. There is a canoe livery in Vernon (about 25 mins away from Vortex) that will carry you to Cotton landing upstream from Cypress. Then you turn right into the Cypress run and have fun at the spring. Clearest water you have ever seen. Then canoe down stream all the way to Vernon and the livery where you take out. This is a great adventure for them....

A fantatic side for your Scouts would be a trip to Cypress Spring. There is a canoe livery in Vernon (about 25 mins away from Vortex) that will carry you to Cotton landing upstream from Cypress. Then you turn right into the Cypress run and have fun at the spring. Clearest water you have ever seen. Then canoe down stream all the way to Vernon and the livery where you take out. This is a great adventure for them....
I second this idea. Its a awesome canoe trip!

I say we have a campfire meet and greet friday night. :D

Hey Fester's! I finally got approval for vacation time to actually make it down there! I will be heading in Wednesday so I can spend some extra time with many friends there that cannot make the festivities for the weekend. I also booked some diving down in Panama City for early Saturday morning. So if anyone is interested in joining me for some dives, check out the thread in trips/marketplace.

See y'all soon!
Carolyn:shark2:

Hey Fester's! I finally got approval for vacation time to actually make it down there! I will be heading in Wednesday so I can spend some extra time with many friends there that cannot make the festivities for the weekend. I also booked some diving down in Panama City for early Saturday morning. So if anyone is interested in joining me for some dives, check out the thread in trips/marketplace.

See y'all soon!
Carolyn:shark2:
I'll be in sometime Thursday! See ya there Shark Lady. :hugs:

Monica and I will be there sometime Thursday as well. We are up for a little socializing Thursday night. :D

Back
Top Bottom