Vortoberfest IV- 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I had help from my best friend and computer guru! Of course there has to be a little shark in it...did you notice where? I am waiting on word from Shane. I heard that he had a shirt in mind so I don't want to do anything without his imput!
I can't wait to hear what Krak says about that one Squid baby! lol.
Carolyn:shark2:
I saw the shark fin. Nice touch. I knew Kraken would like it!:lotsalove:

Hello everyone,
It is looking like we are in for the largest and best Vortoberfest ever! I am still waiting on a responce from several sponsors, but even if they don't want to be a part of something that I hope will turn into an international annual event, it will be an awsome time. I would like to thank Carolyn for all her help with the logos both for Springfest and no Vortoberfest. She has come up with some ingenious concepts ....and I love it! So far we have three sponsors and I am waiting for a response from several more. Scubaboard this year has pleadged to help with banners and the like. InkTrax said they would do the screen work for free all we have to do is buy the shirts. I have a DJ lined up again for this event and possibly a live band. We will have several events and games with prizes (even if I have to dip into my own inventory). The spring is looking better than ever and the flow is the best we have seen in 10 years. It is shaping up to be an event we will talk about until Springfest next year. I would like to thank everyone for their hard work getting this thing off the ground. If anyone has any ideas of things they would like to see or do, or even if you would like to sponsor an event, let me know.

Shane

Hello everyone,
It is looking like we are in for the largest and best Vortoberfest ever! I am still waiting on a responce from several sponsors, but even if they don't want to be a part of something that I hope will turn into an international annual event, it will be an awsome time. I would like to thank Carolyn for all her help with the logos both for Springfest and no Vortoberfest. She has come up with some ingenious concepts ....and I love it! So far we have three sponsors and I am waiting for a response from several more. Scubaboard this year has pleadged to help with banners and the like. InkTrax said they would do the screen work for free all we have to do is buy the shirts. I have a DJ lined up again for this event and possibly a live band. We will have several events and games with prizes (even if I have to dip into my own inventory). The spring is looking better than ever and the flow is the best we have seen in 10 years. It is shaping up to be an event we will talk about until Springfest next year. I would like to thank everyone for their hard work getting this thing off the ground. If anyone has any ideas of things they would like to see or do, or even if you would like to sponsor an event, let me know.

Shane

HOLY SHNIKIES!! This is going to be one for the books!

See you all there!

I just spend the weekend at Vortex. I arrived mid afternoon on Sat and based on the number of divers I saw in the basin I figured vis was shot for the day.

The vis at Vortex is the best I have ever seen it!

Talked to Eduardo and Shane about it, seems that is a combination of staying on top of basic maintenance, a high flow rate, as well as (according to Ed) a higher than normal growth of a particular type of macro algae. Anyway, we never saw less than 30-40' of vis.

All in all a great weekend!

Great news Shane, I'm looking forward to dipping back into Vortex's cave and all the shinanigans that go along with this event!

BUGMAN might be the entertainment!
2809777825_00a285c40e_o.gif

yhea but we have to have an encore presentation of last years, JUKE BOX HERO. LOL

Can't wait to see you all there.

Sounds like things are shaping up nicely. I am looking forward to it. Only 6.5 weeks to go.

2824395682_b0ce5ccf22.jpg

The tweeking has begun. What color do you want to see? The colors are limited and I am keeping it simple. So please pick a color you want and I will post it. PINK is not an option LOL!

If InkTrax is going to do the silk screen work, maybe we can have two colors !?!?!?!

We need something BRIGHT ! ! ! ! that exudes lots of FUN ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom