Vortex spring trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

double125's

Reaction score
I am planning on being in FLA from 20 - 26 Jul. Most of the time I will be at vortex spring. I may make a trip to ginnie also. If any local divers wanted to come out and make a dive with me that would be great. I will be driving a blue 92 Isuzu styles.
I would also like to visit blue grotto but they dont allow solo divers. If someone wanted to go there let me know and I could try and schedule a day for it. Ginnie and blue grotto would preferably be done mid week so we have good vis.
ANY TAKERS?

I would be interested in diving during the week. What is your dive experience and level of certification? Are you only interested in fresh water dives or are you open to some ocean dives? Have a great day.

I was looking for freshwater dives, never been much of a saltwater person. Money will be a limiting facter when I go there so I would not be able to take a charter. If you know of some good shore dives I would be interested in that. I am always looking to meet scuba board members.

My experience level: open water and nitrox. I have 131 dives logged, 80 hours underwater and about 15 hours in overhead environments. Take a look at my webpage and you can see my setup on the equipment page.

If you want to buddy up send me a Pm with your Phone number and potential dive days and I will call you while I am down there.

Have a safe and wonderful day

-JOHN

I just took a look at your profile and saw you are into underwater photography. I just bought a PT-010 housing for my OLY 4000 and I am having trouble getting good quality photo's. If we do buddy up mabey you could help me out with it.

double125's once bubbled...
I was looking for freshwater dives, never been much of a saltwater person. Money will be a limiting facter when I go there so I would not be able to take a charter. If you know of some good shore dives I would be interested in that. I am always looking to meet scuba board members.

My experience level: open water and nitrox. I have 131 dives logged, 80 hours underwater and about 15 hours in overhead environments. Take a look at my webpage and you can see my setup on the equipment page.

If you want to buddy up send me a Pm with your Phone number and potential dive days and I will call you while I am down there.

Have a safe and wonderful day

-JOHN

What overhead diving certs do you have?

There are not any shore dives here in northeast florida, but there are some available further south. There is a group of board members that go out in the Ft Lauderdale area and do some shore diving, you may want to see some of there posts and trip reports. I have my own boat here in Jax so diving offshore is not a problem. I will send you a PM with a way to contact me.

ive been wanting to goto vortex to see what its like, ive heard some cool stuff about it...ive been to every other major spring in florida but not that one so i might be up for it. im 20/naui/ow/eanx/working on my cavern. maybe drop me an email before your going and let me know exact time and everything. i live in the orlando area, so im right in the middle of everything.

as far as the shore diving goes..lauderdale by the sea is the best shore dive ive been to in fl so far...it consists of 3 reefs. the first is about 100ft out. the next about another 300. and the third is pretty far out...about 400 yards offshore....on a good day you can see the first 2 reefs, and its worth the swim to the third because the visibility is the best out that way.

directions:
take 95 south to exit 32 (commercial blvd) head east to A1A. turn right on A1A. first left is the best place to park...make sure you have some change for parking meter.
walk out on the beach from the parking lot and theres your dive...you can go to the north side or the south side of the pier. stay away from the pier though..the fisherman will cast right on top of you...they dont care.

GPS: GPS 26* 11.246N 080*05.729W

Dont know if I will make it all the way to lauderdale or not. If I do I would be very interested in getting a dive in Biscane Bay if it is accessable from shore. My dad was a survival instructor for the Air Force back in the 70's and they did water survival in biscayne bay. He did a lot of snorkeling and free diving there if I am not mistaken. Anyone know if it is accessable from land? i dont neccessarily have to go deep. If I do make it that far south it would be a good chance for me to stay shallow and off gas. I am wanting to do some intense diving that week. I am looking for bottom time not depth.

double125's once bubbled...
If I do make it that far south it would be a good chance for me to stay shallow and off gas. I am wanting to do some intense diving that week. I am looking for bottom time not depth.

I don't know about Key Biscayne (which is on the south end of Miami) but the dives around Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood/Dania that we have been doing the last few weeks are shallow enough & accessable enough to give you plenty of bottom time. Mike, Jenny, & I always manage 1 1/2 hours easily. Check out the Hump Day threads & the Dania Eurojack thread for more info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom