Vortex revisited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regarding the episode of Disappeared ....

I was trying to find it online, as I don't get that channel, and came across a board of "Web Sleuths" making a lot of comments based upon the episode.

Interesting to see what they are saying, as non-divers, and (mostly) only seen the episode and nothing else about the case. (Assumption on my part)

FL FL - Ben McDaniel, 30, Ponce de Leon, 18 Aug 2010 - diver missing from Vortex Spring - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

BTW, anyone know if there is an online version of the show available?

Regarding the episode of Disappeared ....

I was trying to find it online, as I don't get that channel, and came across a board of "Web Sleuths" making a lot of comments based upon the episode.

Interesting to see what they are saying, as non-divers, and (mostly) only seen the episode and nothing else about the case. (Assumption on my part)

FL FL - Ben McDaniel, 30, Ponce de Leon, 18 Aug 2010 - diver missing from Vortex Spring - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

BTW, anyone know if there is an online version of the show available?
a torrent was posted on cave diver forum

you can download it off iTunes or Amazon for $1.99 .

I could not find it on iTunes and Amazon is anti-Canadian :sad:

FWIW, I understand the reward has been withdrawn.

FWIW, I understand the reward has been withdrawn.

It should have been, and never should have been offered in the first place. I read several comments about it, that I completely agreed with. That kind of money might tempt the wrong diver, who was not qualified to be down there and end up dead because the lure of the money was just too much to resist. After reading ALL the threads and seeing the video out there.. I don't believe, like everyone else, he is or ever was in the Vortex. Awful lot of woods up there and other springs to hide a body.. just sayin'. I am sure someone knows, but are not or cannot talk anymore. I truly feel for his family.. my prayers for them to find a way to heal.
'bella

Robert McClellan or Kevin Carlisle (or anyone with firsthand information) can you comment on some of the following quotes from the linked article?

"Taran, who came to know Ben in the weeks he was at Vortex, swam back to the cave and used his key to open it for Ben."

"...cadaver dogs sniffed the ground for hours. They found a scent of a decomposed body in two spots, one along the bank and one in the water."

"Air tanks were outside the cave entrance, a strange place for them,...”

Were these tanks full or had they been used?

Thank you,

Couv
I have serious questions for Eduardo and Chuck. I'm suspect of their story

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom