Vortex Nov 5 and 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't take as many pics at Ginnie as I usually do since I have so many already and I was trying to keep an eye on you and Vayu.

What was it that kept you popping up to the top?

Let me know when you want to goto Cypress and hopefully I'm free for it. Water gets much lower, we might have to canoe it though - its already damned low and I had problems getting into some of the springs with the water a bit higher than it is now.

Oh the "warhammer" I had forgotten about that!

When I began my ascents I was trying to vent with the deflator button. This was ineffective. and it also made me come out of trim as I was going head up, instead of rolling over to my right to raise the hose. So now I will stay in trim, and just dump with the wing vent. The problem was that I was beginning my ascent, trying to dump above my head, picked up speed, then had to get in trim and try to vent the wing. So I lost control of the ascent. I only seemed to do this in the cavern, but I suppose it was because I was head up looking at the exit. Instead of arching my back, I was dropping my hips and losing trim. Newbie mistakes... I'll get it worked out.

November is tight. Class this week, and class dives on the weekend, following weekend is the NACD convention on Saturday, and then I might go to Manatee Sunday for the DUI DOG event. I'm dying to try out a drysuit. The following weekend should be open, and then there is Thanksgiving. I am open the first three Saturdays in December as well.

SuPrBuGmAn:
I didn't take as many pics at Ginnie as I usually do since I have so many already and I was trying to keep an eye on you and Vayu.

What was it that kept you popping up to the top?

Let me know when you want to goto Cypress and hopefully I'm free for it. Water gets much lower, we might have to canoe it though - its already damned low and I had problems getting into some of the springs with the water a bit higher than it is now.

WaterDawg:
Oh the "warhammer" I had forgotten about that!

There was one point this past weekend I thought I'd have to practice that maneuver.

I was planning on making a trip to Vortex this weekend but don't have a buddy.

Do ya'll tolerate tagalongs?

Best Regards,
Tom

I won't be diving Vortex any this weekend, just camping there, but if you'd like to dive Morrison on Sunday, you are more than welcome to join us.

I'll be diving Cypress on Saturday, you can come along for that as well, but the trip requires a boat and mine is full so you'd have to rent a canoe or something. Vortex is a popular spot and its visited by hundreds(thousands?) of divers every weekend - finding a buddy shouldn't be hard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom