Vortex Nov 5 and 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I plan to drive down early Saturday morning so I can get in a fun dive in the cave before the students get there. I'll be firing up the grill and getting the coals just right while Tom's taking his bunch on their night dive, so it'll be perfect for the steaks & chickens & sausages & pork chops as soon as they're out of the water.
If the weather's cool I'll have to break out the Flor de Caña... just to keep the chill off, don'tchaknow...
Rick :)

paulwall:
Just booked a rental car for that weekend. I'll be travelling down to New Orleans on Friday. Let's plan on diving that weekend... Springs or Gulf, it doesn't matter.

Paul

Lets plan on springs, you wanted to see Cypress anyway. I'm signed up for Stress and Rescue which will cost me some $$ in November, it'll come with a leisurely crap dive in Mobile Bay - whoohoo! Hopefully, I'll get a good spearfishing dive in Dec.

Cypress on Sat and Morrison on Sunday? or do you want to just dive on Sat?

Paid $$ at Vortex weekend before last, and I'll be spending $$ at Ginnie this weekend, I'd rather not have to pay more $$ to dive Vortex, but don't mind camping fees. All this $$$$$$ starts adding up!

SuPrBuGmAn:
All this $$$$$$ starts adding up!
Well, what else you gonna do with it???
Stupid question... now that I think about it... more gear, boat, Bonaire, Chuuk, etc, etc, etc...
Rick

paulwall:
Just booked a rental car for that weekend. I'll be travelling down to New Orleans on Friday. Let's plan on diving that weekend... Springs or Gulf, it doesn't matter.

Paul

rental car?

what happened to that 'big ole Lincoln pimp-mobile' ?

did it get lost in Katrina?

SuPrBuGmAn:
Lets plan on springs, you wanted to see Cypress anyway.

Cypress on Sat and Morrison on Sunday? or do you want to just dive on Sat?

Sounds like a Plan. Although, what do the tides look like in Destin Sunday AM.

mike_s:
rental car?

what happened to that 'big ole Lincoln pimp-mobile' ?

did it get lost in Katrina?

Nope, the Lincoln is in Dallas. I may need to bring a bunch of crap back to New Orleans, including a Camp 'Fridge for the house (The pimp-fridge was forcefully evicted after Katrina).

I really don't like putting all those miles on my personal vehicle, not to mention the wet dive gear in the back. I'm the reason I'll never buy a previously rented vehicle.:D

With unlimited mileage on the rental, it actually works out cheaper (even at 40.5 cents a mile).

SuPrBuGmAn:
High Tide at midnight.

So, I catch High tide at midnight on Saturday morning at the Jetties, then run up to Vortex and get the tank re-filled, then meet you for a trip to Cypress, then Morrison?:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom