Vomiting during a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never lost it under the water, but one dive, on a very choppy day,...well, the boat was moving one way, the water another, and the horizon, I guess it was kind of holding it's own. Meanwhile, the smell of diesel exhaust and....I don't really need to go into details.

Hurray for Transderm Scop!

...but I have belched several times. :eek:ut:

For anybody who hasn't had to while underwater yet,
You definately have to keep the reg in your mouth.
I'm pretty sure this was mentioned in my open water training.

I do all the time.... acid reflux at it's best. I've found it helpful to warn new dive buddies so they understand if it happens.

Paula

For me Tums really did the trick - I went from having frequent problems to almost none in the past 50 dives or so. If I have any question at all about it I take a couple before hopping in the water.

Question - does this work for you guys too or am I just lucky?

It doesn't help me but that is because I have atypical GERD. It's not related to acid so Tums doesn't work me.

Glad it does for you.

Paula

You know, "Tums, Tums Tums Tums Tums!" =-)

Ant-acid / calcium tablets, available at most supermarkets.

Not sure that you get TUMS commercials in Belgium.

TUMS is an antacid made from calcium carbonate. Neutralizes stomach acid.:doctor:

Sorry Bartbe, I should have looked at your location first.

So, how is the diving in Belgium?

Back
Top Bottom