Volunteers for Mexico RV Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kangy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Were looking at sometime in March or April taking a 3 day trip to Mexico in an RV scouting out new dive spots. We'll probably hit the road on a Friday afternoon and get in a night dive that night then 2-3 dives Saturday and a couple dives Sunday before heading back.

If your interested in coming along for this initial trip the only charge will be an even split for the fuel costs. The RV rental is on the house this go around. I can take up to 5 divers (6 total including myself, The RV sleeps 7 but for comfort I'm capping it at 6) It will be first come first serve on the seating. Equipment, tanks, and food are not included, feel free to bring your own or get equipment/tanks from wherever you like, but if you need rental then we can provide that also, whatever is easiest for you.
For the food what we'll most likely do is just stop somewhere here and we can all chip in and get whatever food we'll need for the weekend.

You must already be a certified diver if you want to dive, it's not a class or training trip, were just going for some fun diving while looking for some new sites. Should be a fun road trip where you can meet and swap ideas/stories with other divers. Divers of all cert levels are welcome.

If you might be interested send me an email at submersionscuba@gmail.com or if it's a general question just post it here so we can share the answer with others. The exact date will be determined on the availability of those that are interested in the trip.

Great response so far, trip should be a blast.

Right now that dates are pending for March 14-16

Where in Mexico are you thinking about?
I've been giving some thought to going to Puerto Lobo or Desembuque.
Are you lookng for beach dives or boat dives?

We'll just be doing shore dives during this trip. Destination is currently unknown, depending on time, distance, group decision were kind of winging that one at the moment, just got the RV locked on for the dates I posted above

Given the time frame you are talking about, have you talked about Rocky point? There's aRV park called The Reef that is close to some shore dive spots. Check out Hammerscuba.com for a possible dive trip to Bird island. Be prepared for for longs coming back acrossed the border on Sunday. You need a passport or birth certificate and picture ID.

Given the time frame you are talking about, have you talked about Rocky point? There's aRV park called The Reef that is close to some shore dive spots. Check out Hammerscuba.com for a possible dive trip to Bird island. Be prepared for for longs coming back acrossed the border on Sunday. You need a passport or birth certificate and picture ID.

Were trying to avoid Rocky Point. Right now thinking San Carlos or Himalaya Bay.

As of this moment we are full pending a couple responses back. If any one drops out and another spot opens up I'll make sure to post an update. So if you have gotten an email back from me then your on the roster. I have two for sure, and three pending.

No worries about going. I was hoping to hear about some possible new dive spots. I go to RP quite a lot but for boat dives.
Is Himalaya Bay between San Carlos and Kino, south of White Rock? Can you drive an RV into there? If it's the place I'm thinking of I haven't been there in 20 years,then it was 4x4 trail to get to the beach.
Anyone heard of any diving near Desembuque?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom